Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

It may be wrong to ask this here, but my quail eggs aren't turning well with two in each turner slot. If I put one in each slot will they be shaken around too much?

This is a NR 360 thread, so not sure why your question would not be okay. I don't see how have one per slot would shake them. There each slot moves the same distance, no matter how many eggs are in it.

With that said, if you hatch many quail eggs, there are trays on Amazon or eBay for around $30 that are made for the NR 360 and smaller eggs.

This is a NR 360 thread, so not sure why your question would not be okay. I don't see how have one per slot would shake them. There each slot moves the same distance, no matter how many eggs are in it.

With that said, if you hatch many quail eggs, there are trays on Amazon or eBay for around $30 that are made for the NR 360 and smaller eggs.
I just wondered if they would be addled? I wanted a quail tray but was impatient =)

But how do you get 50-55% RH in the NR360??Use B chamber and leave A dry?

For me, the struggle was getting anything below 50%. On day 14, the air cells weren't as big as they might have been, so I wanted to lower the humidity to about 45%. With A chamber full of water, I was averaging about 52% humidity with the vent open AND the B cover removed to give that tiny extra bit of ventilation. That was with humidity in the house at about 63% and temp 75. To get humidity any lower, I had to move the dome slightly, to take it off the closed "pin" in the back. That gave a little bit more ventilation and I'm getting average humidity at 45% now.

For me, the struggle was getting anything below 50%. On day 14, the air cells weren't as big as they might have been, so I wanted to lower the humidity to about 45%. With A chamber full of water, I was averaging about 52% humidity with the vent open AND the B cover removed to give that tiny extra bit of ventilation. That was with humidity in the house at about 63% and temp 75. To get humidity any lower, I had to move the dome slightly, to take it off the closed "pin" in the back. That gave a little bit more ventilation and I'm getting average humidity at 45% now.
I wish I could help. My humidity will peak at 50%, but lately it’s barely been 40% (our area humidity is at wildfire risk low…luckily in the classroom it hasn’t been lower than 20%, but room humidity the lowest I can ever remember.)

Has anyone tried to hatch an emu in an nr360?

Ok haven't tried it but there are aftermarket emu egg turners for it and spacers for the lid! I've been so tempted.

And on the quail eggs, you can try one per slot, my problem when only having one per slot was they would turn sideways a lot. It's not as bad in the center ring of the turner and I always tried to keep them towards the narrow end. I LOVE the quail egg turner insert though, it's perfect.

Sorry everyone, for some reason I keep losing notifications!

I am struggling with my humidity last night and today. not sure why. I have had zero issues keeping it between 42-47 or so for the past 11 days. Last night and today I am struggling to get it up even to 40. It has been around 35-38. I have side A full it is now 3/4 of the way closed. what is going on? Any ideas why it won't say up? I don't think today is any drier than it has been here.

I am struggling with my humidity last night and today. not sure why. I have had zero issues keeping it between 42-47 or so for the past 11 days. Last night and today I am struggling to get it up even to 40. It has been around 35-38. I have side A full it is now 3/4 of the way closed. what is going on? Any ideas why it won't say up? I don't think today is any drier than it has been here.
I know in my area of NY we have had extremely low, brush fire warning low, humidity levels the past few days. Do you happen to know what the outside humidity is near you?

Back
Top Bottom