Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Good morning everyone and Happy Mother's day to the Moms!
blow-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

@junior67 You're in a safe range in both humidity and temperature and as David mentioned sometimes humidity can spike during the hatch, sometimes even temporarily up to 80% so don't be surprised if it jumps up while the little one is hatching. It's nothing to worry about.

And so it makes more sense for you, "why" we increase humidity at lockdown is because at this point, you have a developed chick that lost the appropriate amount of weight and the only reason we're increasing humidity is to help to keep those membranes pliable once the chick makes an external pip.

I fiddled with my incubators percentages a lot over the years to find the perfect sweet spot but that's not to say that you can't still hatch chicks outside of that range. I hope I haven't given that impression I just try to take the guesswork out for others. I would give you different sweet spot numbers if you were using an IncuView for example. Sorry, I'm rambling again, lol!

I hope the hatch goes smoothly for you! Good luck!
good-luck-smiley.gif

Last edited:
Good morning everyone and Happy Mother's day to the Moms! View attachment 3097735

@junior67 You're in a safe range in both humidity and temperature and as David mentioned sometimes humidity can spike during the hatch, sometimes even temporarily up to 80° so don't be surprised if it jumps up while the little one is hatching. It's nothing to worry about.

And so it makes more sense for you, "why" we increase humidity at lockdown is because at this point, you have a developed chick that lost the appropriate about of weight and the only reason we're increasing humidity is to help to keep those membranes pliable once the chick makes an external pip.

I fiddled with my incubators percentages a lot over the years to find the perfect sweet spot but that's not to say that you can't still hatch chicks outside of that range. I hope I haven't given that impression I just try to take the guesswork out for others. I would give you different sweet spot numbers if you were using an IncuView for example. Sorry, I'm rambling again, lol!

I hope the hatch goes smoothly for you! Good luck! View attachment 3097740
Thank you. And no you didn't give me that impression that it can't be outside of that sweet spot but I am not sure what the range can be that is safe. I have had so many struggles trying to just get ONE to hatch so a bit more freaked out about messing something up now and having that one not hatch because of something I did. I know there is still a chance it won't hatch and still a chance it may not have even made it to lockdown. I think I saw veins but not sure about movement, but I don't want it to be that I had it too cold, or too dry or wet that it is my fault that it didn't hatch. As long as my temps and humidity is ok.

still confused on how the humidity is so different on my 3 hygrometers, well 2 are close. I now have the Govee right next to the egg, but one of the black ones isn't far off (will have to get a pic) and they are still around 4-5% difference. But right now the Govee is a hair under 65% (was 61-62% earlier. but as long as 60-70 is good then I am good to go. temp seems to be holding steady around 98-99.

Thank you. And no you didn't give me that impression that it can't be outside of that sweet spot but I am not sure what the range can be that is safe. I have had so many struggles trying to just get ONE to hatch so a bit more freaked out about messing something up now and having that one not hatch because of something I did. I know there is still a chance it won't hatch and still a chance it may not have even made it to lockdown. I think I saw veins but not sure about movement, but I don't want it to be that I had it too cold, or too dry or wet that it is my fault that it didn't hatch. As long as my temps and humidity is ok.

still confused on how the humidity is so different on my 3 hygrometers, well 2 are close. I now have the Govee right next to the egg, but one of the black ones isn't far off (will have to get a pic) and they are still around 4-5% difference. But right now the Govee is a hair under 65% (was 61-62% earlier. but as long as 60-70 is good then I am good to go. temp seems to be holding steady around 98-99.

I can't say why they're showing different but Don't stress! That's definitely a safe range and hopefully you'll have a fluffy little peep soon!

Almost ready to take the turner out for lockdown. So, I fully open the vent then add water to water reservoir B to get my humidity where I want it?

That's what I do! If it's too dry in your house you can always close the vent just a little. :) Good luck on your hatch!

Today is day 14. I have the incubator set for 18, so tomorrow it will stop the turner. But should I take the turner out today?

Why do you have it set for 18 instead of 21? Are you hatching quail? I have a terrible memory, lol. I don't always candle my quail eggs so whichever is more convenient for you. You can take the turner out today or tomorrow. (Assuming we're talking about quail. Lol)

Why do you have it set for 18 instead of 21? Are you hatching quail? I have a terrible memory, lol. I don't always candle my quail eggs so whichever is more convenient for you. You can take the turner out today or tomorrow. (Assuming we're talking about quail. Lol)
Yes quail. =) Thank you! I think I'll take it out tonight.

Back
Top Bottom