Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Ok so I squeezed 27 eggs into the 360. Filled the 22 regular spaces, and then added 5 egg carton cutouts (with a hole in the bottom to let air through). The 6th little corner was just big enough to rest my Govee. I figured I’d post in case anyone ever has to fit more.

Shockingly enough I tested the turner. All the eggs turned, included the 5 I have tilted upright, which means I theoretically shouldn’t have to manually turn those 5. I am so thrilled that it worked! I’m not expecting all of them to make it to day 10, so between day 7 and 10 I will assumingly lose at least 5 and move everyone to the regular spaces. I can’t believe it worked!

View attachment 3127418

Closeup side view of upright extra egg holders. I made sure my two with detached air cells were in the upright holders.
View attachment 3127419
Wow! I'm impressed! Lol
Definitely keep us updated on your hatch!

what would cause a fresh laid egg that is being sat on by a broody to have a saddled air cell? I gave a couple of my eggs when I gave shipped eggs to my 2 broody's. 1 is developing but the air cell looked saddled. It was laid that day fresh so I just moved what box it was in when I gave it to my broody.

Oops! I can't believe it took me so long to update! Sorry guys.
We were quite sleep deprived.
Note to self: Never Ever add extra eggs in saying "Oh, it's only 12 hours later than the rest, so technically they will hatch on the same day." ... Try night, the following night, so that was two nights in a row of chicks hatching 😩

8 out of 9 hatched! :jumpy

Oops! I can't believe it took me so long to update! Sorry guys.
We were quite sleep deprived.
Note to self: Never Ever add extra eggs in saying "Oh, it's only 12 hours later than the rest, so technically they will hatch on the same day." ... Try night, the following night, so that was two nights in a row of chicks hatching 😩

8 out of 9 hatched! :jumpy

Congrats on a great hatch! Lol, I'm the same way about staggered hatches. I just can't hang staying up like that for so long anymore. Haha

what would cause a fresh laid egg that is being sat on by a broody to have a saddled air cell? I gave a couple of my eggs when I gave shipped eggs to my 2 broody's. 1 is developing but the air cell looked saddled. It was laid that day fresh so I just moved what box it was in when I gave it to my broody.

It could have been jostled in some way. The saddled air cell is from the membrane pulling away from the shell.

So far I have been pleased with my NR 360. It’s temp is about a degree off, but this is totally manageable.

Anyway, I’ve ordered some hatching eggs in hopes they will hatch during a visit from my sis and niece. But my eyes are bigger than my sto- … incubator it seems. The three sellers have so far been very generous with extra eggs beyond what I ordered. The post office has totally messed up one order so haven’t received those yet, but it’s supposed to be 8 eggs (plus extras if they send). I only bought 5+6+8, which would fit but was sent 8+11, plus whatever comes with the wayward order. Thanks to the sellers for their generosity, but is there any trick or “hack” to overload it? I expect to loose some and reduce the number (shipped eggs after all!), but not to start.

So far I have been pleased with my NR 360. It’s temp is about a degree off, but this is totally manageable.

Anyway, I’ve ordered some hatching eggs in hopes they will hatch during a visit from my sis and niece. But my eyes are bigger than my sto- … incubator it seems. The three sellers have so far been very generous with extra eggs beyond what I ordered. The post office has totally messed up one order so haven’t received those yet, but it’s supposed to be 8 eggs (plus extras if they send). I only bought 5+6+8, which would fit but was sent 8+11, plus whatever comes with the wayward order. Thanks to the sellers for their generosity, but is there any trick or “hack” to overload it? I expect to loose some and reduce the number (shipped eggs after all!), but not to start.
@Iluveggers she just did it!

You can fit a lot more in the incubator if you're willing to hand turn the eggs until you know which ones are developing. If the eggs are smaller you can also prop some on top like mentioned above. ;)

How many eggs will you have altogether? I can show you how I fit 27 in and still used the turner on 5…couldve fit one more in that way. Let me know and I’ll explain more!

Back
Top Bottom