Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I should have done a video but I probably would have dropped my phone or an egg, lol, I went to candle 1 last time and this one egg started dancing, it was awesome!❤️ This is my first go round with a good incubator, the crap one I got killed all my eggs😔 We live and learn and this is just precious!

Last edited:
I've got a question for all you pro hatchers. Today at 2pm will be my technical lockdown. I removed the turner last night around 5pm. Can I go ahead and bump humidity now or should I wait until after work around 4:30?

As mentioned above, it should be fine to go ahead and increase the humidity for lockdown now. If you've been monitoring air cell development that should give you a good idea if they're ready.

I should have done a video but I probably would have dropped my phone or an egg, lol, I went to candle 1 last time and this one egg started dancing, it was awesome!❤️ This is my first go round with a good incubator, the crap one I got killed all my eggs😔 We live and learn and this is just precious!

You're sure to have lots of healthy little peeps soon! :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy

As mentioned above, it should be fine to go ahead and increase the humidity for lockdown now. If you've been monitoring air cell development that should give you a good idea if they're ready.
I have not been monitoring air cells, newbie... but I'm learning as I go, thanks to y'all

Next batch of eggs was set last night! 🤞 With this next batch, I will rotate the eggs in the inner circle, just to be safe...

20230401_112743.jpg

Sold all the chicks from the last batch. Only 16 hatched out of 22. One was infertile. Five were DIS.

Next batch of eggs was set last night! 🤞 With this next batch, I will rotate the eggs in the inner circle, just to be safe...

View attachment 3453501

Sold all the chicks from the last batch. Only 16 hatched out of 22. One was infertile. Five were DIS.

Bummer about the DIS, that's still a good hatch though. I hope this hatch goes great! Love the egg colors!

does the regular turning tray that comes in the NR360 turn Pekin duck eggs or are they too big and need a duck egg turner in there?

I haven't turned pekins. Some turkeys are too big. Mallards fit fine. Not sure if that helps but if pekins are especially large you may need an aftermarket turning tray for the size.

I haven't turned pekins. Some turkeys are too big. Mallards fit fine. Not sure if that helps but if pekins are especially large you may need an aftermarket turning tray for the size.
The guy that asked me to hatch them said they are about double the size of a standard chicken egg so seem large..... But most eggs that I have hatched for him I would say are more in the med range maybe a smaller large so not really big eggs so far.

I found this info on them: Results showed that the average weight of Pekin duck eggs was 67.5 ± 5.9 g, with a mean length of 60.7 ± 3.1 mm, mean width of 44.7 ± 0.9 mm and an average shape index of 76.2 ±1.7 and 70.9±2.8 for rounded and elongated eggs respectively.

and another site that said around 3oz.

Back
Top Bottom