has any one ever used craigslist?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tamelroy, May 12, 2009.

1. tamelroy

tamelroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Mass
    There was an ad for a black lab posted on the 11th, I emailed on the same day. Do people on there get back to you fairly soon? I am at the edge of my seat hoping I can get this dog. Even if they at least let me know it is gone already. Thanks for any input about craigslist. I never done this before.

2. starryeyes

starryeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    I have used it as well as kijiji I have had good sucess. Some people take forever to email you. Good Luck

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Good luck with THAT.... I stay as far away from the pet section of Craigslist as I can.

Its filled with two kinds of people..... those trying to hord as many animals as possible to resale at a higher price, and/or those trying to hord animals because they "rescue" anything with four legs.

If you want a lab, check out a labrador rescue, or you're local animal shelter.

4. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    in my experience, unless you are able to reply within a few minutes of their post, you probably won't hear from them at all - think they get overwhelmed with responses, and likely only answer the person who is getting the item posted. might be different if the city list you are on doesn't see much traffic - say, less than 50 posts a day in a category.

If you don't hear from them by the next day, ....oh well! will keep my fingers crossed for you.

5. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    I use Craigslist all the time, Some people get back right away, others will post before work and not get back to people until they get home, it all depends on the person. Also if they have already rehomed the dog, they may never write back.

Good Luck! if you get the doggy, remeber to post picks

6. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I use Craigslist to sell plants and chicks and I always write back to tell someone that whatever it is is gone or whatever but not everyone does that. If you haven't heard from them in a day or so the dog probably is gone. Good luck! Post pics if you get the puppy.

7. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I have osld and bought on crigslist nad have fun "sometimes". Most people tend to flag you even if thereis nothing wrong with your ad. I had a lot of people flag my PS3 cause it was a lower price then other people who are selling. My fave area to buy and sell is the farm and garden though [​IMG]

8. Brelansmama

Brelansmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    McMinnville, Oregon
    I am SOOO frustrated with the people on Craigslist!
    I don't know what to tell you about the dog, I sure hope you hear from them, but honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I have answered many ads on there wanting something they posted, and I have posted several things, and the result has been a consistent frustration for me.
    The ads I answer, I get very little response from, and the adds I post, people email me about whatever I posted, set up appointments to see it, and NEVER show up! I wait around for hours for these people, it is SO RUDE!
    I guess it depends on how bad they want to get rid of the lab....Is there a phone number in the ad you could call? If not, I would email them again, and ask if they could at least let you know if the dog is still available.
    Hope it works out for you!

9. tamelroy

tamelroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Mass
    thanks every one, I am so upset I just realized I posted this thing twice! [​IMG] I will just keep looking for a puppy some one is gotta have one at a reasonable price.

10. roosty

roosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    Georgia
    Ive never purchased anything off of there but I have used it to sell and give away some stuff...Its ok but there is ALOT of spam emails sent to you and ALOT, ALOT of emails sent to you that say they want to send you a money order and then get their shipper to pick up your item...scams!!! big time!!! You just have to be careful on there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by