has any one ever used craigslist?

Quote:
UGH! It breaks my heart to see all the "free to good home" unwanted pets. It should be listed as "disposable animals"
he.gif

Quote:
thank you, me too! I have been going crazy looking for a dog of a bigger breed, even if it is a mutt. as long as it likes children and is playful. Two active boys could use a dog like that!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Go to your local animal shelter - I'm sure they will have puppies.

nope, they are around 6 yrs and up. Unless I go to a smaller breed some are 2 but they are not too playful with kids.

i review CL free section almost daily and have picked up or given away something of value dozens of times.

what i have learned is that if they dont get back to you with in 24 hours, its gone. also, it is very common that a no show will happen, so my message is, if you still have the item, please call me at ###-####. then i just keep my cell phone with me. i also include when and what time i can come by and pick it up. if it matches his schedule better then the guy he committed to, he will cancel and give it to me.

my chicken coup and brooder was built with CL wood and nails.

good luck and have fun!

I've used it twice. Both times to grab hatching eggs and in my experience, everything is good. I'm sure though that there are bad experiences to be had.

Don't be disappointed though if you don't get a response. Freebies get snatched up quick and you won't get a response if the pup was given away early out.

Last edited:
when i give something away, i put it out front next to the curb and put my address with instructions not to contact me. i do not put my phone number. if they want me to hold the item, i will pull it out of the pile and set a specific time they can come by to pick it up, or it goes back out on the pile. i have also delivered for those who dont have a truck. i drop it off on my way to or from work. once i charged 20 bucks ( they offered 30) and another for free.

our living room and tv rooms are nearly completely craigs list. i got a very nice rocking recliner, two couches, coffee table, end table, pictures, book cases etc. also got a dryer. i'll never buy new or even used again. washer and dryers are always up for free.

one trick is to be very fast on the response. and dont wait to go pick it up.

Quote:
Go to your local animal shelter - I'm sure they will have puppies.

nope, they are around 6 yrs and up. Unless I go to a smaller breed some are 2 but they are not too playful with kids.

That's too bad. Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find the one right for you.

I've had great success with CL! IT's actually how I found the man who sold me my chickens! And I also was able to sell a guitar there recently, and I even got some free materials for building my chicken coop from there! And I posted THAT want add almost a month ago and am still getting results for it so ...I guess it depends in the area and how you scan the ads...

Back
Top Bottom