Has anybody bought downloadable plans off the net?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by dainironfoot, Oct 15, 2010.

1. dainironfoot

dainironfoot Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2010
    woodburn, Oregon
    Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone has bought any of the downloadable plans over the web. I was looking at howtobuildachickencoopplans.com and buildingachickencoop.com. They don't really show good pics of their coops though and $29.95 is a lot to pay if you don't know what your getting. Just wondering if anyone had experience to share.Thanx guys,

-Tony

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have downloaded plans that cost 8 bucks, but have not been willing to try the $29.95 plans you've mentioned. Saw 'em advertised, but didn't bite.

3. ELShens

ELShens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2010
    I bought plans online from here: http://catawbacoops.com/ they were pretty good. Good descriptions and also had files for Google sketch-up so you could look at them in 3-d. The cut list was setup so that every piece of timber was maximized which would be great if I was better with a measuring tape and a chop saw.[​IMG]

Good Luck

Ed

4. Tdub4chiks

Tdub4chiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Constantia, NY
    You can buy the Premier Building Chicken Coops for Dummies book right here on BYC for only 19.99. I hear the book is really good. Just my 2 cents.

5. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
  6. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Why spend money?

Go to your library. They will have books on building garden/storage sheds. Or if they don't they will be able to get 'em for you via interlibrary loan. FREE [​IMG] Not all such books have plans but many do, some of them with exquisitely detailed photography of each and every building step, too.

JMHO,

Pat

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by