Has anybody tried the Mice bucket trap?

Ecalix

Chirping
Apr 24, 2021
Miami, Florida
So I’m seeing lots of mice/rat poop.
I started searching for a solution and saw an add for the bucket trap and wondering if anybody has used it. The rodents don’t die in this trap so what is the process for a bucket of mice after??

Last edited:
Works great. Put some water in bottom of bucket and they will drown.
One I made, I put peanut butter on the can
hredirect2.jpeg

I’ve never used it myself, but a friend used them in his barn when he had a bad infestation. He told me he was dumping the drowned mice twice a day sometimes.

That changed when I was able to give him a couple of bullsnakes that had been rescued from local irrigation ditches in the city. He was thrilled to have a natural predator for the mice.

Did you put water in the bucket? Or how did you kill and dispose of them?
Put a couple inches of water in the bucket. They’ll drown as long as they can’t touch the bottom or reach the top. Then, you can dispose of them as best suits you.

Did you put water in the bucket? Or how did you kill and dispose of them?
The inside ones i just use water, either chuck the corpses over the bank or flush them, the garage ones i used Drain oil, in the cold the oil prevents degradation of the dead mice, when i get a chance i just pour the used oil into the bulk storage barrel and strain out the dead mice. Once they have drained i toss them in the trash, just like a used oil filter. RV antifreeze also works, is inexpensive and non toxic, it can be treated just like the water, but requires more attentiveness because it isn’t as good at preserving.

Back
Top Bottom