Has anyone been following the sexing of eggs from a lazer

I'm tired of hatching mostly roosters
I read somewhere that, someone's grandma used the egg shape to determine whether it was going to hatch a male or a female...she claimed that the rounded eggs were more likely to be female...and the pointy ended ones males. I put three round ended eggs under one of my broodys...and darned if they hatched out female!! Might be something to it. Old wives tales...going to run another experiment next spring...not likely to be true but it's fun to try.

I read somewhere that, someone's grandma used the egg shape to determine whether it was going to hatch a male or a female...she claimed that the rounded eggs were more likely to be female...and the pointy ended ones males. I put three round ended eggs under one of my broodys...and darned if they hatched out female!! Might be something to it. Old wives tales...going to run another experiment next spring...not likely to be true but it's fun to try.

I don't think that works

That's funny, there was a thread on here about that. People were giving their experience with trying it. I hope yours turn out to be female!
fl.gif

That's funny, there was a thread on here about that. People were giving their experience with trying it. I hope yours turn out to be female!:fl
well, I gave the pointy egg vs the round end egg....four round ended eggs....not sure yet, but it looks like I've got three females and one male...I will confirm the results as soon as I am sure about the sex of the chicks....they are Mutts so they keep changing....it's weird.

well, I gave the pointy egg vs the round end egg....four round ended eggs....not sure yet, but it looks like I've got three females and one male...I will confirm the results as soon as I am sure about the sex of the chicks....they are Mutts so they keep changing....it's weird.

It's been tryed by others on here.. the claim that doesn't work. . Since most hens lay same shape . Doesn't make sense that a hen would only lay eggs for 1 sex

I guess all the hens in my breeder pen ..that lay a pointy egg.. I better get rid of them... I wish there was,a way to tell.. it would make this hobby a little easier.

Back
Top Bottom