Has anyone bred Pekin and welsh harlequin ducks together??

Pics
apparently that is for when she is bigger. I've not done a tiny duck before. You can look at that link I sent and it shows the duck mouth inside really well and yes, if you're are looking at her its the left. Look at the picture on that link. Go with putting it under her tongue drop by drop!
That's a good link though! It helps to understand where the air way is back there so as to avoid squirting liquid in that area :thumbsup

Bless your heart maybe a nap for you when she naps?
I am worried about her belly though since everyone has brought that up. I worry about feeding her too much if its harming her in some way. That girl can eat!!! Its so cute, she gets so excited about food that she pushes off on her feet, basically hopping over & over. She has so much personality.

I am not sure what might be going on with her belly, How does her poops look? Are they still dry looking? Having a healthy appetite to me is a good thing. Does she have access 24/7 to food and water? Only thing I would be worried about is open waterer when she might drown.

Her poops are pretty moist now. And honestly, no, I have not left any water in there. She pushes herself up & over, bends & contorts. I've just left it where I am pretty much always with her and constantly offering water, then water/food. I've seen her go face 1st and not be able to move so I'm nervous she wont be able to push her out of the water.

I am worried about her belly though since everyone has brought that up. I worry about feeding her too much if its harming her in some way. That girl can eat!!! Its so cute, she gets so excited about food that she pushes off on her feet, basically hopping over & over. She has so much personality.
If her belly is the problem and she is not digesting her yolk, then short of surgery to have it removed, there isn't anything you can do. I know how stressful this is because every year I get a couple with big bellies and I go through what you are going through. :hugs She's pooping, so that's a really good sign and it means that she might be digesting the yolk. :fl

Last edited:
Oh thank goodness, thank you so much @casportpony ....makes me feel a bit better. Keeping the hope . Heres her walker so far. She is sooooo tiny!!

Attachments

• 20191228_094258.jpg
    20191228_094258.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20191228_094254.jpg
    20191228_094254.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom