Has anyone bred Pekin and welsh harlequin ducks together??

Pics
Hi Erin, so glad things are moving along in the right direction. You can't overdose her so start with that and do more in the morning.
So glad to hear from you. Figured you must've had a busy day!!:confused: Went and got all the supplies needed for her Walker today. Started sewing her seat, will have it finished, hopefully tomorrow. Shell be sooo happy to scoot around I think. I gave her some Vitamin E & Bcomplex tonight. Whewww, is she a difficult one to dose.:th She was disgusted with the B and kept shaking it out of her mouth. But some is better than none I guess .:idunno

So glad to hear from you. Figured you must've had a busy day!!:confused: Went and got all the supplies needed for her Walker today. Started sewing her seat, will have it finished, hopefully tomorrow. Shell be sooo happy to scoot around I think. I gave her some Vitamin E & Bcomplex tonight. Whewww, is she a difficult one to dose.:th She was disgusted with the B and kept shaking it out of her mouth. But some is better than none I guess .:idunno
Hi Erin, yes, we had some friends come over this afternoon and but I was watching your texts with Natalie so I was there, you just didn't know it! Yes, the B-complex smells disgusting and about makes me gag when I give it but it works so good don't give up on it. I always have it on hand!

This is what I use to give any liquid meds to my ducks if I have to give one a full dose. If you look close the top needle actually has the needle in it. The one of the bottom is just the plastic sheath attached to the syringe. It's perfect for directing into the right mouth "hole". I use my left hand's fingers to pry the bill open and direct that plastic sheath down the DUCK'S RIGHT side so it doesn't go down the trachea. Naturally, with little tiny ducklings you don't need that big assed sheath which is nothing but a staw that attaches to the syringe.
IMG_0217.JPG

This will probably be very helpful now and in the future too so you can see the anatomy of a duck's mouth. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Hi Erin, yes, we had some friends come over this afternoon and but I was watching your texts with Natalie so I was there, you just didn't know it! Yes, the B-complex smells disgusting and about makes me gag when I give it but it works so good don't give up on it. I always have it on hand!

This is what I use to give any liquid meds to my ducks if I have to give one a full dose. If you look close the top needle actually has the needle in it. The one of the bottom is just the plastic sheath attached to the syringe. It's perfect for directing into the right mouth "hole". I use my left hand's fingers to pry the bill open and direct that plastic sheath down the DUCK'S RIGHT side so it doesn't go down the trachea. Naturally, with little tiny ducklings you don't need that big assed sheath which is nothing but a staw that attaches to the syringe. View attachment 1988994
This will probably be very helpful now and in the future too so you can see the anatomy of a duck's mouth. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/
That won't work for a tiny duckling though. :(
Even the smallest syringes will be too large to put down its throat.

So Her right side, but if you're looking at her..... on the left? (Just want to make sure I've got the correct side)
apparently that is for when she is bigger. I've not done a tiny duck before. You can look at that link I sent and it shows the duck mouth inside really well and yes, if you're are looking at her its the left. Look at the picture on that link. Go with putting it under her tongue drop by drop!

Back
Top Bottom