Has anyone bred Pekin and welsh harlequin ducks together??

Pics
Have you tried moistening her food a bunch so she doesn’t have to drink as much. I so hope your veterinarian can help. Sometimes when seeing a case like this inspiration can hit later so ask your vet to call you any time if he/she thinks of anything that may help.
Will do, thanks. And she actually ate like a wet mash for awhile. Then, wasnt take to it so much. 1 morning, just to try it out, she found the dried crumbles and went nuts. She lives dipping back & forth. I only limit her to maybe 2 or 3 "sips/dunks" at a time, then pull back & give her a second before I let her sip again. And so far that has seemed to help. She still, and Always has from Day 1, has a light clicking type noise when she breathes that I dont really like. I gave her the whole prescription of antibiotics that the other vet prescribed & it has just never changed. So....not sure if she still has some sort of sickness going on, or.... if there is just something that she was born with that causes this. Hoping our vet this time will give a Top to Bottom, thorough check-up.

Yes, I think so too. I love their marbled beaks also, like vanilla ice cream. The little black specks on the orange beak? Strange analogy, I know..:p
And..... think I'm only hearing a few of them with their starter-honks. I need more girls!!!! I'm still having alot of trouble with Max, my big boy. My arms are all torn up. When his foot was hurt a couple weeks ago, I loved how sweet & living he was, like he used to be. But Nope....that ended real quick. He literally chases me around & bites as hard as he can NonStop!!!! I tried the pinning him down thing that several people on here suggested, a million times....doesnt phase him. If it does, it's only for maybe 3-5minutes tops!!! My arms, and ankles, feet & legs, look horrible. Just so crazy to me because we were Very close since he was 2days old. I'd hold him & live him everyday. He would run to me and lay his neck across my shoulder nuzzling his beak under my chin. It melted my heart. Now!!!!!!! He likes the taste of my blood!!👹😲😜🤣

Take out the broom and keep him away from you. Don't let him get close enough to bite. Even you take the initiative and go after him make him get out of your way. [showing dominance over him}Don't hit him with the broom but you can use it to push him out of your way. And use it too keep him at arms length.

Hello! :frow Yes I actually did breed them I hatched some eggs in the incubator almost two years ago and this beautiful girl is one that I kept from my male Pekin and female welsh harlequin :love isn’t she a beauty! Congrats btw on your hatch please do post some pics :)View attachment 1986539View attachment 1986540 View attachment 1986541View attachment 1986542 View attachment 1986545 the last two are her swimming with mom and dad :)
Wow! They’re beautiful! I’ve never had Pekin ducks, but I do have 7 Welsh Harlequins, and I’m a huge fan of the breed! They are gorgeous!

Will do, thanks. And she actually ate like a wet mash for awhile. Then, wasnt take to it so much. 1 morning, just to try it out, she found the dried crumbles and went nuts. She lives dipping back & forth. I only limit her to maybe 2 or 3 "sips/dunks" at a time, then pull back & give her a second before I let her sip again. And so far that has seemed to help. She still, and Always has from Day 1, has a light clicking type noise when she breathes that I dont really like. I gave her the whole prescription of antibiotics that the other vet prescribed & it has just never changed. So....not sure if she still has some sort of sickness going on, or.... if there is just something that she was born with that causes this. Hoping our vet this time will give a Top to Bottom, thorough check-up.
Well you need to make sure of it. Take charge! Most humans don't do that and let things slide because they get nervous but I have a feeling after all you've been through that this will NOT be the case. Be aggressive with them. ASK questions and don't leave until you get everything answered. Write things down that you want to ask too. If you don't you'll forget because it's intimidating!

Take out the broom and keep him away from you. Don't let him get close enough to bite. Even you take the initiative and go after him make him get out of your way. [showing dominance over him}Don't hit him with the broom but you can use it to push him out of your way. And use it too keep him at arms length.
Yes maam. Sadly that's what I have to do. I actually have a "shield" that I use Everytime I go into there. Just aggravating. Wish I could revert him back to my sweet lil Max

. I LOVE THEM both so much. My welsh is smaller, so sweet & relaxed. Shes such a good girl. I'd really, Really love some more WH's. My pekin, is HUGE, is a drake, he was always my sweet loving little duck and LOVED to cuddle. We were told we were buying sexted girls. But obviously they got him wrong. So, we have babies. But I will say, ever since Emmie, my WH female, has started laying eggs, he is a fierce protector of her.

. I LOVE THEM both so much. My welsh is smaller, so sweet & relaxed. Shes such a good girl. I'd really, Really love some more WH's. My pekin, is HUGE, is a drake, he was always my sweet loving little duck and LOVED to cuddle. We were told we were buying sexted girls. But obviously they got him wrong. So, we have babies. But I will say, ever since Emmie, my WH female, has started laying eggs, he is a fierce protector of her.
Of course he is and everyone and everything is a threat. But he needs to chill and understand he cannot be mean to the hand that feeds him none of your family.

Back
Top Bottom