Has anyone bred Pekin and welsh harlequin ducks together??

Pics
Anything in their brooder they can eat on besides their feed? You might want to have the vet check her out since you taking Joy in.
Well, I started the pine chips about 2 weeks ago, but UNDER puppy pads. They did good with not eating them so I dont cover all of them anymore with puppy pads. I havent seen her eat anything else really. I tried really hard to listen for anything during her breathing & I dont beleive I can hear anything. Also felt her crop & feels small & soft.

Skeletal? I’m glad your taking her In so the vet can examine her real good. Is she eating good today?
Joy is eating good. Celeste, not sure. I've only seen her walk up to get sips of water, but havent actually seen her eat to day. (She MIGHT have during times that I've not been in the room with her) but just havent seen her.

I change to diet?my ducks seem to never have the same color poop. Always different some days formed too an other times more wetter.
Yes, mine too. Always messy tho 🤣
No changes, nothing new. The only thing they've gotten since yesterday has been their crumbles, and yesterday afternoon they had a few chopped up leaves of greens that I floated on their water.

So why are Joy's feathers rubbed off? Is it from the blanket? Girl, I don't like the looks of that! I'm now wondering if there could be some kind of spinal thing going on which would explain the leg problems. She should also be trying to grow big girl feathers by now too I would think, right?

So why are Joy's feathers rubbed off? Is it from the blanket? Girl, I don't like the looks of that! I'm now wondering if there could be some kind of spinal thing going on which would explain the leg problems. She should also be trying to grow big girl feathers by now too I would think, right?

Yes, exactly. Her wing feathers are starting to rub off because of the blanket. But... when I open the blanket or take it off or anything, she flips out, squealing & squirming & will Not stop until I wrap her back up. Yes, I do definately beleive there us is some issue with her spine. Until recently, she Always hung her head to 1 side when she was relaxing her neck. She also hangs her head/neck straight down the front of her onto her chest. She Can hold her head up like normal, but her comfortable & resting position is her head straight down. Also, ever since her legs turned back, she pulls her "thighs" forward constantly when they're actually supposed to go back towards her tail. So basically, both sections of her legs (top & bottom) are going in the opposite direction. No feather tips have emerged yet, but......... I Did find a few tail feathers starting to emerge on her hiney!! :celebrate :jumpy:ya Yayyyy.. Go Butt Feathers!!!🤣😌😉
I am so curious how she'll look with tail feathers only. Poor baby. But the cutest thing (& sadly she hasn't tried it as much the past 2 days) is that she does try very hard to reach her oil gland & spread to her body. It is Soooo Cute!! Lately when I see her trying, I will cheat a little & help bend her gently the right way a little, but she just struggles with it so much anymore that I think shes giving up on that. So.... I try to moisten it a little bit every day with warm water. Then I rub it a little for her, then to her belly. The whole time she'll be twisting her neck & head (as is she was rubbing her beak and head on oul gland), then rubbing her body...As If she was actually spreading the oil around herself, when really Im doing it. (Does that make sense) So, I just wanted to try to make her feel like she was successful at "normal things" that I know she wants so badly to do.😟🥰

Back
Top Bottom