Has anyone bred Pekin and welsh harlequin ducks together??

Pics
Heres another video of Celeste. This is not her brooder or the floor she normally walks in... we just pulled them out to walk around & eat some treats in their water bowl. Sorry, I'm a little all over the place with the camera but as she was walking, poor thing fell in the water bowl (thank goodness it wasnt cold water) then ran off, so I had to catch up with her & those feet. Either way, hopefully you can get an idea. Poor baby.

These 2 need the liquid b complex asap. they also have shaky leg both the turned in feet and shaky leg are symptoms of niacin def. So start them on the liquid b straight over treat or by mouth. But you need to see how to give by mouth if you decide to go that route.
They may always have pigeon toes but hopefully with the liquid B they can over come some of it. Maybe making shoes for them to hold their feet in proper alignment? Not sure about that but might be worth trying.

These 2 need the liquid b complex asap. they also have shaky leg both the turned in feet and shaky leg are symptoms of niacin def. So start them on the liquid b straight over treat or by mouth. But you need to see how to give by mouth if you decide to go that route.
They may always have pigeon toes but hopefully with the liquid B they can over come some of it. Maybe making shoes for them to hold their feet in proper alignment? Not sure about that but might be worth trying.
Ok. So I sprinkle the yeast over their food with every feeding. I just ordered straight Niacin that will arrive today. The BComplex, how often daily should I be giving it to them you think? And I thought about shoes, but couldn't figure out how to make them point the feet straight.

Maybe just putting them on them would help keep the feet pointed in the right angle.
The liquid B complex is the best of all. It has all the b's and works faster than just plain niacin once they have a problem. I'd put the liquid B over their feed just giving these 2 their own small amount to start so they eat every last drop to make sure they are getting full dose. but the best way Just to put it over a treat they love still just enough that they get full dose. for each duckling they should have 1 ml each. For the rest put the Nutritional yeast over their feed 1 Tab per cup of food. I have never used plain niacin just Nutritional yeast and liquid b complex.
Start out doing the liquid b complex 2X a day for at least a week. They will pee out what they don't need.

I started Joy on her antibiotics yesterday but unfortunately shes starting to show signs of being sick. You can hear her breathing some but every now & then, she gets a clear drop seep put of her nares... never seen this before. A drop came from her eye a little while ago.

Maybe just putting them on them would help keep the feet pointed in the right angle.
The liquid B complex is the best of all. It has all the b's and works faster than just plain niacin once they have a problem. I'd put the liquid B over their feed just giving these 2 their own small amount to start so they eat every last drop to make sure they are getting full dose. but the best way Just to put it over a treat they love still just enough that they get full dose. for each duckling they should have 1 ml each. For the rest put the Nutritional yeast over their feed 1 Tab per cup of food. I have never used plain niacin just Nutritional yeast and liquid b complex.
Start out doing the liquid b complex 2X a day for at least a week. They will pee out what they don't need.
YOu can get this at tractor supply! This is what miss lydia is talking about. It's awesome but I'm thinking you've already been giving this!
IMG_0216.JPG

Back
Top Bottom