Has anyone ever ordered anything from https://www.strombergschickens.com?

They have a great selection of bantams and non chicken birds such as pigeons and waterfowl.
I can personally recommend Murray McMurray, and Cacklehatchery.com for good chicks.
Stay away from hoovers though, not very good quality.

To say that about hoovers is an opinion, I've heard welp bashed too but yet our last 3 orders thrived and tasted yummy.. Most all of the commercial hatcheries are fine, what happens after they leave there is beyond their control.. IIRC,, hoovers supplies tsc, and I have bought there without issue.. Matter of fact I scored on a purchase of meaties at tsc because the manager wanted them gone due to loss.. Bought the whole lot of 29 for a buck each and we processed 26 birds..None of the hatcheries are knowingly producing inferior birds and hoping to stay in biz..

I have ordered chicks from cackle and Meyers Hatcheries. I was actually pricing their processing equipment, but didn’t want to drop $400-$500 on something until I had some idea about them. Thanks everyone for your feedback! I love this community of people, just a great place for learning and sharing information.
If ya need a plucker price it at ALL the nearby tsc, We scored by calling the nearest 2..
h4LV5Pwh.jpg

I've ordered lots of little things from Strombergs, but no birds because they're too far for my comfort. Everything is always well packed and arrives quickly, though it seems they don't keep their inventory updated super well as I've had things back ordered every time I've made a purchase. HOWEVER they usually get whatever it is to me pretty quickly.

The one time I thought I'd received something damaged, it was actually because they gave me some extras that had slight damage (I ordered a bunch of blank egg cartons for egg selling), which was honestly pretty awesome of them. I think it was like 20 extra cartons on an order of 100.

I just placed an order for welbars and CA greys with them. I placed the order and wrote in the notes what months I would like to recieve the chicks. They called about a week later to confirm my order for the month I requested. I won't get them until April but so far so good. Their prices were better than every other place I found those breeds online and they don't charge extra for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom