Has anyone ever ordered anything from https://www.strombergschickens.com?

Great thank you very much. They seem to have reasonable prices.
They have a great selection of bantams and non chicken birds such as pigeons and waterfowl.
I can personally recommend Murray McMurray, and Cacklehatchery.com for good chicks.
Stay away from hoovers though, not very good quality.

Hoover's is fine, they're just not show stock quality. I got some naked necks, spitzhauben and calico princess from them. They were all good looking birds and only had one make that started getting aggressive.

Stromberg is great too, but again not show stock quality. I have a Phoenix trio and a lone cockerel I got from them last year and all are nice birds. A male and pullet have bleaching on their hackles but other than that fine

I have ordered chicks from cackle and Meyers Hatcheries. I was actually pricing their processing equipment, but didn’t want to drop $400-$500 on something until I had some idea about them. Thanks everyone for your feedback! I love this community of people, just a great place for learning and sharing information.
Before you buy a $300 scalder like I did years ago. Look at propane fryer scalders I got one for around $100, and it works great.

They have a great selection of bantams and non chicken birds such as pigeons and waterfowl.
I can personally recommend Murray McMurray, and Cacklehatchery.com for good chicks.
Stay away from hoovers though, not very good quality.

To say that about hoovers is an opinion, I've heard welp bashed too but yet our last 3 orders thrived and tasted yummy.. Most all of the commercial hatcheries are fine, what happens after they leave there is beyond their control.. IIRC,, hoovers supplies tsc, and I have bought there without issue.. Matter of fact I scored on a purchase of meaties at tsc because the manager wanted them gone due to loss.. Bought the whole lot of 29 for a buck each and we processed 26 birds..None of the hatcheries are knowingly producing inferior birds and hoping to stay in biz..

I have ordered chicks from cackle and Meyers Hatcheries. I was actually pricing their processing equipment, but didn’t want to drop $400-$500 on something until I had some idea about them. Thanks everyone for your feedback! I love this community of people, just a great place for learning and sharing information.
If ya need a plucker price it at ALL the nearby tsc, We scored by calling the nearest 2..
h4LV5Pwh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom