Has anyone ever ordered from Our Flybabies in WI?

goldfinches

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2011
Maryland
I ordered from them yesterday and have yet to receive a confirmation or estimate of when my chicks can be sent. I understand they're a small operation, I just need a little reassurance as I just spent quite a bit of $$.

I put in an order 3/17/12 and called them and sent an email using their web form. I have not heard from them. The paypal email I got shows Vegas Venues. I checked them on the Wisconsin Better Business Bureau after I ordered. (I know I should have done that first.) A search of the BBB site returned nothing for the "Our Flybabies" or "Our Flybabies-Chickens for Sale". The owners name seems to be Bob Bendixon.

Aunt Em, I did finally receive communication from them. I emailed them after I hadn't heard from them and they replied within a couple of days. I guess they mean it when they say they're busy with their farm and don't check their messages often
smile.png

Maybe try e-mailing them and see if they'll reply. The impression I got from them was that they're in the habit of contacting their customers after they have eggs in the incubator and know they're going to be able to fulfill the order.

(I also googled them quite a bit and found nothing online - no reviews, no one discussing them, not even here on BYC. They have beautiful birds, I'm excited to get mine!)

May I ask what email address you used? Part of my anxiety is due to the fact that my emails are coming back undeliverable.

I used bob @ ourflybabies-chickensforsale.com (I broke the address, not sure if I'm allowed to post one unbroken?)

I never received an undeliverable message, but I haven't sent any emails since last week.

I did go to their website tonight and noticed they've upgraded it quite a bit since last week. I would be very surprised if they went through all the trouble to add the pages they've added without being serious about their business.

Try emailing again, let me know how it turns out?

I ordered a dozen Maran eggs from them about a month ago... I will tell you I had the same problem of not getting replies from them... and when I finally did get an email, they didn't respond to questions very fast... but, she lives not far from us, and I do know she works a full time job on top of taking care of the business with her hubby. I did tell her that I thought it was poor business NOT to answer emails etc in a timely fashion, she did apologize.(but seems is hasn't changed much) I have talked to her on the phone, and I do think she is just really busy...I am getting my eggs on Monday, she is bringing them into work with her, which is nice as my hubby only works a few blocks away... so I am saving some gas $$. I would just keep trying, she probably will eventually email you back, and I think you are right, they wait until the eggs or chicks are ready before contacting you...

Thank you, AmberFlea. It's nice to know we aren't the only ones with questions. I've only ordered from a hatchery before, so smaller operations are a new territory for me.

Just an update, out of the 16 eggs I bought from them, after candling, only one was thrown out! I hope the hatch is a good as it seems. Will find out in a week!
yesss.gif

Thank you, Amber, for the update. They told me they're shipping my chicks this week! So excited to see them.
jumpy.gif

How are yours doing?

Back
Top Bottom