Has anyone ever ordered from Superior Farms??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by poultryhaven, Sep 13, 2009.

1. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    I was thinking about ordering from them in either the fall or next spring. Has anyone ordered from them? If so, do you have pics of any of the breeds?

2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    right now they are having a hard time filling orders, they where not able to fill mine or others on BYC, if you search Superior farm you can read the posts, I was sent a refund with out a problem but I would have preferred the birds.

3. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    I havent ordered from them but they had some birds at the IPC show and i think they did really well.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Same with me. I'll probably give them a try again next spring.

5. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Quote:Ok thank you. Didnt even think of searching [​IMG]

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I ordered and got my Chicks this past spring. They were the best chicks I have ever received from a hatchery. I did have to substitute a breed for another but that was no big deal.

7. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Many have ordered-few have received.

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I have one nice black rooster out of 48 eggs. 47 of them did not develop [​IMG]

Tried e-mailing them to ask about shipping chicks next year months ago, no response.

9. Lizzy_Lane_Farm

Lizzy_Lane_Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    I understand they are indeed having troubles this year. I ordered hatching eggs from them, out of 24 eggs, 4 hatched and 2 of those were the wrong breed.

I also ordered chicks--that were never sent.

Customer service is bad, bad, bad just lately. I finally did receive a refund but not for the full amount I think I was due. Not worth trying to talk to anyone there about it....

I will be looking to other sources next year. I just give up on Superior Farms....

My two cents....

Karyn

10. Brahma Trenton

Brahma Trenton Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2011
    Michigan
    just in case you hadn't caught wind... they dispersed and sold out... really sad nice birds, good blood, down the drain at little auctions, I was fortunate to get a quad from them though...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by