Has anyone ever?

chickenman7

Songster
12 Years
Sep 11, 2007
TX
Hi just thought I would share this experiance:

One time my aunts goose somehow got crippled in one leg.My aunt didn't think it was going to live, so I asked her if I could try to nurse it back to health, she said yes.It was a very nice goose.So I took it home and put it on a shelf in my coop.It took me and my cousin like an hour to locate a very very very very very tiny scratch on it's hurt leg.Every day I would go and spray Dermoplast on it until one day the scratch healed and he could walk!!Since I saved him my aunt gave it to me.But ever since he learned to walk again he hated me!!He would chase me bite me and everything.I don't know why?Before he got hurt he would follow me like I was his mom.After I saved him he absolutly hated me.anyone ever had something simuler happen?

HaHaHaHaHa

well i cant help you but when i was like ten i used to go to the river park and feed the geese and ducks. When they were eating from my hands i would grab them and take them home. My grandma never new. Big backyard so i put them in my tree house with bread and water. And this one goose hated me. I went up there one day to take it back to the park and when i opend the door the goose attacked me. I fell out of the tree house an broke my ankle. on top of that my grandma found out about the birds and i got grounded for a month after my ankle healed.

Last edited:
never had that happen, but before the goose was healed, it knew it needed you for survival. once healed, it didn't need ya so buh-bye. Most geese I've encountered (canadian, chinese, african) are just butt-heads no matter what their condition was. Also, once this little bugger could walk around it could establish the area as "his" and if you let him chase you around, it was "his" area and no longer yours.

Geese can live up to 30 years so uh, get it sorted out of who's boss or get rid of the goose.

Oh I don't need help I don't have the goose anymore.
wink.png

HaHaHaHaHa

well i cant help you but when i was like ten i used to go to the river park and feed the geese and ducks. When they were eating from my hands i would grab them and take them home. My grandma never new. Big backyard so i put them in my tree house with bread and water. And this one goose hated me. I went up there one day to take it back to the park and when i opend the door the goose attacked me. I fell out of the tree house an broke my ankle. on top of that my grandma found out about the birds and i got grounded for a month after my ankle healed.
This is one of the cutest things I've ever heard. One summer I got a camera for my birthday and it came with a little case you could wear around your neck. I was walking outside and saw a baby bird had fallen from a tree and was alive on the ground. I took my camera out of the case and filled it with tissues and placed the baby bird in there. I carried him around with me all day and fed him little pieces of moist bread (I was very young lol) I even brought him with me when we were running errands. At some point I went to feed him again and he has passed away. I knew I would get in trouble but I didn't know what to do with it so I placed it on the steps leading to my room until I could get a plan together. When I came to get him the case was gone and my grandma was sitting on the chair with it on her lap with a stern look. I was like...oh no. This is it. I'm cooked. But she knew I meant well and was trying to save him and she taught me about why it didn't survive and why it was on the ground and what to do if I see one next time, etc. Animal lovers are born animal lovers and kids just don't know any better! We tried, and failed, and now we grew up and have our own FLOCK of birdies:)

Back
Top Bottom