Has anyone had faults in this incubator? Hatching tomorrow! Worried!!

UThobby good I’m glad I’m not the Only one who has a little bit of trouble with their gauges on this unit. It’s done a good job so far, but I was hoping to be a little more on point with either one or the other gauge so that in the future I know if I’m doing things right LOL. I also have the little paper thermometer that they threw in there reading as well… And I’m actually tending to start to believe it more than the other two since it’s old-fashioned LOL. Can’t go wrong there. Neither of the hygrometers that I have in there are reading anywhere near each other still… But you’re right that it did go up anyways so who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️
Either way, I must be doing something OK because now 11 of the 18 are out! They are so funny to watch jumping around and cuddling with each other.The rooster is a Rhode Island red, but the hen are all different breeds… So I lovingly called them mutts ❤️ I’ll post pictures when I get home 😁

I interrupted nap time lol

Attachments

• 26542392-F4B6-4C63-A996-1EBE9D0AF87E.jpeg
    26542392-F4B6-4C63-A996-1EBE9D0AF87E.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 9CA8B1D0-D8B6-4229-A984-2BDB86A64A05.jpeg
    9CA8B1D0-D8B6-4229-A984-2BDB86A64A05.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 6
UThobby good I’m glad I’m not the Only one who has a little bit of trouble with their gauges on this unit. It’s done a good job so far, but I was hoping to be a little more on point with either one or the other gauge so that in the future I know if I’m doing things right LOL. I also have the little paper thermometer that they threw in there reading as well… And I’m actually tending to start to believe it more than the other two since it’s old-fashioned LOL. Can’t go wrong there. Neither of the hygrometers that I have in there are reading anywhere near each other still… But you’re right that it did go up anyways so who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️
Either way, I must be doing something OK because now 11 of the 18 are out! They are so funny to watch jumping around and cuddling with each other.The rooster is a Rhode Island red, but the hen are all different breeds… So I lovingly called them mutts ❤ I’ll post pictures when I get home 😁
You're absolutely right. The "proof is in the pudding". If you've hatched 11/18 eggs so far you're well on your way to dialing in hatching with this incubator in your area! Can't wait to see more pics of them all fluffed up. Great job! :pop :barnie:jumpy

I'd make a small dot or mark on hygrometer where the dial is now. And where it was when you were incubating if you remember. Since these setting seem to have worked so well.

You could do this with the attached thermometer as well. Then adjust both as you get more data points (hatches) under your belt.

This is what mine shows when the egg temp is spot on. The hygrometer is reading high because 1) I'm doing duck eggs and 2) They're aircells were getting too big (bumped it up intentionally). The two tiny green and black dots are my high and low temp range. It doesn't take much to get a change.
. IMG_20200401_112124840.jpg

They are doing ok except 3 had splayed legs and I actually ended up losing one despite banding it. The other two don’t have splayed legs but they hop around on one foot 😪 the other ones are very happen and fast lol

They are doing ok except 3 had splayed legs and I actually ended up losing one despite banding it. The other two don’t have splayed legs but they hop around on one foot 😪 the other ones are very happen and fast lol

That's a bummer. Next time consider using this type of shelf liner at lockdown. It really helps prevent leg issues and makes clean up a breeze.

I'm glad the other chicks are healthy! Will you be hatching again?

IMG_20200406_120923819.jpg

Back
Top Bottom