Has Anyone had this Incubator(s)?

Sk8inChick(en)

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2011
Hello!

I am looking into incubators and I found some for a good price on Amazon.com.

Has anyone used any of these models before and if so, what did you think of it? Also if anyone knows if those are good prices for these incubators, that would be great.

Farm Innovators Model 2100 Still Air Incubator $47

GQF Hova-Bator Thermal Air Flow Egg Incubator $59

Circulated Air Egg Incubator with Fan, 17" White $97

Farm Innovators Model 2200 Circulated Air Incubator $90

9200/1602b Still Air Incubator by Miller Mfg $49

Thank you so much! Any advice is welcome and appreciated!

Thank you so much!

I have used only the still air and circulated air Little giants. Alot of people here seem to like the Hovabtors and Im guessing the other kinds you listed are just the same basic principles. Go for circulated air if you can .
I found this site has competative prices if you include the fact that most of there bators have free shipping http://www.strombergschickens.com/prod_detail_list/brinsea-incubator-sale some place may have bators listed there cheaper but does that include what they charge for shipping . I have checked prices for that on the brinsea mini and 20 eco and funny enough I would save 10 buying the mini from brinseas own site but save like 10 if I boujght the 20 from the link i posted above so its something to look into . If you have a little money to work with I would say go for the Hovabator with fan and turner or the Brinesea 20 eco. Happy hunting

I really like the new digital Hovabator, super easy! Basically plug and go after you put in water. Fast temperature gain too. I also have the bare basic 1602N model, and that's worked for me for years.

The differences between them would be the gadgets that come with, and the grade of the materials. Not all styrofoam is created equal. In my experience, the cheaper the model, the more prone it is to temperature fluctuation. Not an issue in a climate controlled home, but if you're a fan of open windows, ceiling fans, wood stove heat, ect it can be problematic.

If you can afford the Brinsea, that's a good choice for reliability and stability. But you don't have to spend that much to get a good incubator with room for more than 20 eggs. Always watch those shipping charges. I find better prices and reasonable shipping on the basic models through reptile supply.

I really like the new digital Hovabator, super easy! Basically plug and go after you put in water. Fast temperature gain too. I also have the bare basic 1602N model, and that's worked for me for years.
The differences between them would be the gadgets that come with, and the grade of the materials. Not all styrofoam is created equal. In my experience, the cheaper the model, the more prone it is to temperature fluctuation. Not an issue in a climate controlled home, but if you're a fan of open windows, ceiling fans, wood stove heat, ect it can be problematic.
If you can afford the Brinsea, that's a good choice for reliability and stability. But you don't have to spend that much to get a good incubator with room for more than 20 eggs. Always watch those shipping charges. I find better prices and reasonable shipping on the basic models through reptile supply.
I too have Hovabator Genisis 1588 with control center.It was on sale at GQF for like 147.00 with free ship a couple months ago.It is really a great machine Right on on all my checks and 75% hatch first time...The only thing I would change /modify would be the the plastic liner its great BUT ...Bring the sides up a few inches, too keep the Goo from hatching off the sides that are styrofoam and harder to clean..It washes right off that plastic liner.I also have a Brinsea Mini Adv great Too...cva34

I have used only the still air and circulated air Little giants. Alot of people here seem to like the Hovabtors and Im guessing the other kinds you listed are just the same basic principles. Go for circulated air if you can .
I found this site has competative prices if you include the fact that most of there bators have free shipping http://www.strombergschickens.com/prod_detail_list/brinsea-incubator-sale some place may have bators listed there cheaper but does that include what they charge for shipping . I have checked prices for that on the brinsea mini and 20 eco and funny enough I would save 10 buying the mini from brinseas own site but save like 10 if I boujght the 20 from the link i posted above so its something to look into . If you have a little money to work with I would say go for the Hovabator with fan and turner or the Brinesea 20 eco. Happy hunting

I too have Hovabator Genisis 1588 with control center.It was on sale at GQF for like 147.00 with free ship a couple months ago.It is really a great machine Right on on all my checks and 75% hatch first time...The only thing I would change /modify would be the the plastic liner its great BUT ...Bring the sides up a few inches, too keep the Goo from hatching off the sides that are styrofoam and harder to clean..It washes right off that plastic liner.I also have a Brinsea Mini Adv great Too...cva34

Thanks so much, everyone! This is really helpful. I think a basic model would be all I needed, as I'm not planning on doing a lot of hatches or more than a dozen eggs at one time.

Do the basic models generally have a good hatch rate? Can ceiling fans make for a big difference in incubator tempeature?

Also, what is the difference, exactly, between still-air and circulating air incubators?

Thank you you all so very much! Your advice is appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom