Has anyone here registered with this?

If people can start a grass-roots movement to get cities and towns to allow backyard chickens, there should be enough interest and effort to get state legislatures to forbid NAIS as did Arizona's.

There has been plenty of anti-NAIS grass-roots effort on a national level--perhaps it's time to move the effort to a state-level as well.

There are plenty of non-invasive ways of controlling animals entering the food chain, and I do support those. If I get food poisoning or an illness from food I purchase at a restaurant or grocery, there should be a trail.

But for me to record every bird I hatch that doesn't survive for whatever reason, every time I take any of my birds off my property, and to pay a not insignificant amount for this invasive breech of my privacy when it has no effect on the public? Absolutely not!

Quote:
AMEN, sister! And I wont be part of NAIS but will for NPIP if I need to.

They can shove NAIS up to the big name producer's @$$ and stay there!
duc.gif

Why would I have to report every bird that is going somewhere and what if that person sold to this person out of state and use it for dinner????

If my food is going to be poisoned, we would know who to blame, the government and the big name chicken raising/processing farms for public consuming for all the mess of poisoning going on. Come on, be sensible when it comes to raising our own flock for our own eating!
he.gif

Foweler, make sure the hole is deep enough close to the core of the earth to be BURNED!
lau.gif

Oh I don't doubt they would like to burn it and dance on the ashes before burying it but that might attract the attention of those who actually believe they want to help us and that policies like this are designed to do so.

Be thankful the US government doesn't want to introduce ID cards for humans with biometric data on them.

My own opinion is that agriculture has managed fine for millennia without NAIS and therefore it is not 'essential' as the gov would like to claim.

origami.bullets :

Be thankful the US government doesn't want to introduce ID cards for humans with biometric data on them.

It will. It's already in the planning stages.​

bio-data microchips (like the 'locator' chips we implant in our cats & dogs) do currently exist. There has also been quite a bit of discussion about chipping citizens and using those chips to contain the "personal medical data" of the person "in the event of a medical emergency and the person is not able to communicate their medical history". Of course the extended uses of said technology could go very far...like scanning the chip for financial transactions (fingerprint verification financial transactions), tracking citizen movements, shopping habits etc. Some people have offered to be chipped if it "provides greater medical security in the event of an accident" (think ON Star...continuous satellite tracking). It would also provide tracking of viral outbreaks like "swine flu" since all medical services would be tracked! (Providing greater SAFETY for us all!!!)
But of course...all this technology is to PROTECT us....
roll.png

Quote:
That's how it is always sold, aint it?

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood.
But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

- - Hermann Goering

The enemies which can "attack" us are many and not always from without.

We spend a lot of time in the Random Ramblings forum arguing the point of right vs. left, dem vs rep (at least until terrilacie wields the hand of power upon us and shuts it down).

If we were going to divide ourselves into two and only two groups it should simply be:

Those who would seek the power to control everyone and everything

and

Those who just want to live their lives.

PS Sorry if I just got this thread killed
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom