Has anyone incubated eggs purchased from Ebay?

I got 12 Ayam Cermani eggs from a seller that's also on here (can't remember her username though :/)

4 developed that I knew of, 1 quit around day 7-9, 1 had a double membrane and never got through the second membrane and 2 hatched.

BUT I wasn't aware that you needed to stand them fat end up for 24 hours before incubating. I'm sure if I had I would have had better rates

I purchased 6 and all are fertile! I hope the hatch rate is successful. I’m on day 11 and all embryos are showing life during candling.
I bought 6 eggs (Swedish Flower Hen) from a wonderful lady over EBay. She sent 8, the packaging was excellent, all went into the incubator of a first time ever chicken egg incubator (me) and all 8 hatched!

I am on my 4th batch of chicken eggs from ebay and have had decent reaults with the exception of one batch. That batch had a rough go in shipping and was packaged by an inexperienced shipper so i think that was the cause but that happens. All in all my numbers are still around 50%, and I have been able to get specific breeds without dealing with a hatchery. Also, it allows you to make contact with some poultry folks who you can hit up in the future.
Currently, I am on day 12 of some Bantam Brahmas and have 6/7 looking good!!! I cldnt find Bantam Brahmas anywhere near me cept for good ol Ebay. Good luck!!

95% of my chimkens came from Foxfire on eBay. Got lucky and ran into a good shipper with beautiful birds. 50% to 80% hatch rates. Humidity was too high in first incubation, which left half of them dead in shell.

Good luck with your hatch!

EBay babies :)
DA4747DA-C6E4-4F76-98D1-8727A1D7AC0D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom