HAS ANYONE ORDERED FROM METZER HATCHERY

pirtykitty

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Waco, Texas
Good evening everyone,
Was wondering what kind of luck ya'll had with ordering ducklings from Metzer hatchery...
Are they quality ducklings.
I noticed they would ship less than 10. I am wanting to order them for the first of June.

I would love to order from Holderreads but hubby won't let me order the 10.. He says we don't need that many..
I also would like to be able to have both the gold and the silver WH..
Will any of Ya'll have pure WH's in gold and silver to offer in June???
Thank you

i ordered two runners from Metzer farms last august. One of my runners died after a week due to a genetic birth defect (not metzer's fault) and they replaced him immediately and sent me another duck with him. They were really sweet and nice. I love my runners from there, though they are not show runners and don't have the really upright stance.

sure! They're my babies....

as babies in the tub- (ming mei is about 2 1/2 weeks old, victor just over a week)
S7304693.jpg

Full gorwn in the tub-
S7305365.jpg

They are very pretty! Do you have any pics of them out of the tub? I want to see what their stance is like. I like the look of runners, but not the ones that stand totally straight up. I don't know why, they just look... wrong to me. LOL.

I've heard they have good quality birds. I would order from them myself if they were closer, but I try to order from hatcheries that are closer to home.

I just got my three ducklings from Metzer a few hours ago! They are Buffs. They are so cute! My chicken flock was put to a sad end by raccoons, so I put electric fencing around the outside of the yard, ordered these little fluffies, and I am already in love. They told me they would ship as few as two at a time, and you have to buy a heat pack to go in the box, ten dollars I think it was. I only live a few hours away from Metzer farms, so it didn't worry me much, although I've heard of ducklings getting shipped 3000 miles without fatalities. Why wait till June! There are so many fluffy-heads waiting for you right now! I love their little round bills that don't hurt one another by pecking. Now chicken beaks seem so sharp to me...

Hubby wants to wait till after our trip in May as he is worried about getting someone to take care of them while we are gone... We have 3 cats, 2 dogs. and 3 ducks already. I love the 3 I have dearly they are spoiled rotten.. But I want good egg layers too.
One is going on two years old and the other two are 8 months old and will not lay but a few eggs each season ( if I even get that)..
I would order them for now in a heart beat but have to wait..

I had them on mazuri waterfowl maintence.. I just started them this week on a mixture of duck starter, mazuri waterfowl maintence, oats, wheat, granit grit , oyster grit, and wheat germ.. I think thats all. I also make sure they have plenty of mixed greens and grass.. Oh and a little quality cat food.
One thing is I don't know yet who is a boy and who is a girl. LOL.. I think the one that is a year is a male.. and one of the 8 month olds is female.. If she is she won't start laying till later in spring.. Breeding season is march till Oct. I'm still waiting for them to pair up

Back
Top Bottom