Has anyone ordered pheasant eggs from Oakwood game farms?

If you do It that way I'd recommend checking the hen regularly for hatched chicks. If I don't take the eggs away before they hatch I end up finding cold, dead pheasant chicks all around the chicken yard. I'd hate for you to hatch them only to loose them!

Yep, I agree with pheasantfrenzie. You would probably kill the lot. This is a very critical time in the incubation. You can by cheapy ones on ebay.... Worth having something (even a cheapy) just in case mother hen decides to stop sitting....

I guess I should just get an incubator. I have seen one in the chicken catalogs for like $20. or something, but I liked the Brinsea mini advance where everything is automatic, but that is $180+, I think.

Yes you should..... You've already been 'bitten by the bug' so holding off on buying an incubator will only delay the time between you actually having one :)

I'd recommend the $180 one as opposed to the (very) cheap $20 one. This is just my opinion. I am no expert and I don't claim to be, but you get what you pay for. In my opinion if you bought the $20 one, you'd end up buying a more expensive one but you'd have wasted the $20 on the cheap one, which may or may not work.... You could also try making your own.

Yes. I had planned to buy one last year, but never got around to it. Maybe I will look for reviews for the Brinsea mini advance. I would like an automatic turner, that way I do not have to do something every day. Could I leave it for a day or two if I needed to, or is there something to check on all the time?

Back
Top Bottom