Has anyone purchased chicks from Hilltop Farms in California? *Do not buy from Hilltop Farms! Negative experiences are in the thread!!!*

Pics
same experience here! I have one survivor out of 5. I sure hope she lasts more than a year! Tiffany at Buckaboo farms is great and she’s slid local in Tustin ca
Gosh- my solo survivor already my favorite and i named her pumpkin. She is live inside my house. That would be saddening me if its happen to my baby. :(

I placed an order for 8 chicks from Hilltop Farms here in Southern California. I’m wondering if those of you who have gotten chicks from them had a good experience with them? I chose Hilltop because they are local, Npip, and they had Russian Orloffs which I have wanted for a long time! I’m interested in knowing if your chicks were healthy, good quality, and anything else you want to add about them! If you could, I would love to see some pictures of the chickens that you got from them! I ordered 2 olive eggers, 1 Salmon Faverolles, 2 Russian Orloffs, 1 bbs Ameraucana, 1 lavender Ameraucana, and 1 mottled Java. Thanks in advance!
We have had best of luck with Hilltop Farms. We got 3 great wyandotte hens from them.

I ordered Salmon favorelles from them before. I ordered one male and 3 females; they gave me two males and 2 females. One pair was not up to the standard; they did not have beards. I didn't return them because they were nice enough to drive from Corona to the South Bay area to deliver them. Their communications are good but the quality of the birds were not good. All of them did not live pass the age of 2.
The boys were jumping and flying one moment and then the next moment stiff as a board. The girls, were slow (as in mentally slow) they were not alert birds and they end up being killed by an opossum. I suspect that their birds are inbred I don't know how many generations hence the health problems.

I ordered Salmon favorelles from them before. I ordered one male and 3 females; they gave me two males and 2 females. One pair was not up to the standard; they did not have beards. I didn't return them because they were nice enough to drive from Corona to the South Bay area to deliver them. Their communications are good but the quality of the birds were not good. All of them did not live pass the age of 2.
The boys were jumping and flying one moment and then the next moment stiff as a board. The girls, were slow (as in mentally slow) they were not alert birds and they end up being killed by an opossum. I suspect that their birds are inbred I don't know how many generations hence the health problems.
My only one survivor russian orloff out of five. She is unable fit in my flock because of her odd behavior. Idk if it’s part of mental issue to able communicate with chickens. I got another 5 russian orloff from different small business. Flock of russian orloffs still don’t accept an odd russian orloff even they able see each other in separate fence for long time. :-/

My only one survivor russian orloff out of five. She is unable fit in my flock because of her odd behavior. Idk if it’s part of mental issue to able communicate with chickens. I got another 5 russian orloff from different small business. Flock of russian orloffs still don’t accept an odd russian orloff even they able see each other in separate fence for long time. :-/
What did her siblings die from? It seems she doesn't think she is a chicken.

My theory is that when we look at chickens, they all look like chickens but when other chickens their own kind it's a different story. I think when they look at her she probably looks inbred and ugly (like Hapsburgs) in their eyes. They see things differently; hence they ignore her. I might be wrong.

What did her siblings die from? It seems she doesn't think she is a chicken.

My theory is that when we look at chickens, they all look like chickens but when other chickens their own kind it's a different story. I think when they look at her she probably looks inbred and ugly (like Hapsburgs) in their eyes. They see things differently; hence they ignore her. I might be wrong.
They was shipped to NH, from Hilltop farms. They was packed carefully. However, two already dead when i pick it up. I tried everything to save three remains. Then 1 days or 2 days later, other 2 passed away out of blue when i thought they were improved. I never have 90% death before. I’ve ordered many chickens in the past with different companies and rarely have a death. :( never again from Hilltop farms.

Chickens really know something is wrong with other chicken. I’m feel bad for my solo survivor.

She might be low on the pecking order and therefore acts weak and unusual.

Back
Top Bottom