Has anyone purchased from Cackle Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by CochinLover1, Feb 10, 2016.

1. CochinLover1

CochinLover1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2015
    Ohio
    I was looking to purchase some chicks from Cackle Hatchery and I was wondering what they were like before I purchased any. What were the condition of the chicks and how did they look as adults? Any info is greatly wanted !

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    This will be my first year ordering chicks from cackle but they wont get here until march...i ordered the cackle hatchery surprise box. :)

3. ChickenLife

ChickenLife Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2013
    [​IMG]I purchased from Cackle Hatchery 3 different Bantam breeds at 5 chicks each in the end of May. They sent me 7 of each kind, and you know they are so tiny. 1 was dead, and then 1 more died. All the rest grew up just great and I got 9 Hens, 10 Roosters. They were all of the breed quality you would expect to get and healthy. I ended up giving away all the roosters but 1. They are three years old now and are happy chickens. They like to visit a lot. They were a big comfort to me through my illness. They have adopted my husband because he cares for them now, and they love him. Some laid through all this winter. My bantams lay when they want to, but we get plenty of eggs. This last spring my husband wanted to let some of the broody hens to set and have 2 chicks each and they were good mothers and they had adopter
    mothers too. Hope this helps

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by