Has anyone seen a silky colour like this?

bantymum

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
4 hours from Sydney Australia
Hi this is my fave little boy born through a grey dad and white mum. He is 3 months old and starting to try to crow.
He has green tinges on his wings and lovely raspberry wattles.
Im looking forward to seeing him all feathered out.

multibanty.jpg

prettyboy.jpg

calico is not a standard color here either. i have a friend who has a roo looks just like him without the green. he came from a mixed color flock of silkies i got eggs and hatched him from someone here on the board. i don't call that calico to me it's just mixed coloration since so many colors involved.

what i've always know to be calico here is like the pic i'm includeing, might be hard to see it. it is from a splash x smutty buff to try to clear the buff color which gives it a dilution gene that makes it splash looking with brown in it giveing it 3 colors in one.

r both parents silkies and those colors standard color or do they have other colors in them.?

HPIM1549.jpg

At the silky groups this color is being "worked" on by a few...Here in Holland also. My understanding is that the concensus is that a calico will look like a simple grey till the adult coloring comes in (and then will show all the colors).
I had a "silver" calico roo... thought for sure was a grey till his adult feathering came in. When I paired him with my black they made every color of silkie you can imagine except I never once got a true white out of them or a red(though I am not saying it was impossible)

Real Silkychic :Actually, yes they are both silkies, one was grey splash and the mum was white.
I do notice that his feet arent as feathered as all his siblings. Maybe some genes went crazy!!
I love him anyway and look forward to his offspring as they are sold as pets not for show.
I love your colours, shes beautiful.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom