Has Anyone Seen This EE?

Tailfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Dec 31, 2007
Washington State
Hi Y'all,

I just lost "Sister", my only remaining EE and the one that got me into actually breeding, raising, and showing true WBS Ameraucanas.

It's a long story but she succumbed to an illness before I could breed her to my Wheaten and Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. I am wanting to develop a tri-colored Wheaten Ameraucana that looks like the Wheaten Marans hens on Bev Davis' site.

So, below is a picture of Sister. Can anyone tell me if they have an EE just like her and, even better, if so what was used as a cross to develop it?

6s6s09.jpg

Look forward to hearing from y'all and am hoping I can get another just like her.

God Bless,

Last edited:
Hi there! I don't have a EE that's colored like yours even though I have 15 different colored ones.
wink.png

But I thought I'd make a suggestion for a breed that has similar coloring in it. Brown Leghorns have that type of coloring in them. It might would take a while to breed out the white legs though.
idunno.gif

I hope this helped some
smile.png

BTW: she is VERY pretty!!

Last edited:
Thanks. I've got Welsummers and am going to try a couple of crosses with my Wheaten and Blue Wheaten roosters to see what I get.

Anyone else? Anyone?

God Bless,

I have one sort of like her - well, not really. Her head is gold, and it fades to chocolate, then eventually black on her tail feathers.

Wish I could help. Sorry
hu.gif

Yes she is. I had one similar to her but sold her last year.

I asked the same question on the ABC Forum and the consensus seems to be that she has some sort of BBR in her and that would be a good place to start.

I'm still looking though for anyone who has an EE similar to Sister and knows how to get one like her.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom