Has anyone seen this image before?

LoriL

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 11, 2011
Wichita, KS urban backyard
My Coop
My Coop

This is a print I bought at a sale years ago for a few dollars, long before I was raising chickens. To me, it appears the woman is selling some eggs and birds to the priests. I just love the expressiveness of their faces. I would like to know more about this image, so if anyone else has this print also or recognizes anything about it, please share! Thanks.

I don't really know anything about the print. When I look at the picture I see an older man and woman. The clothing style is from early century's, so the the black tunic maybe a males garment. But I would assume that the couple are offering a gift to the local priest. It would have historically been very unusual for anyone to be selling food directly to the priest. A housekeeper would have normally handled the buying of food.

I seriously feel like I have seen this before. I wish I could remember where. Its been bugging the fire out of me trying to remember. Might have been in Austria though.

The reason I think she might be selling the birds is because the seated man seems to be opening a box or purse, as if to pay. I'll just have to keep researching! Thanks for looking, everyone.

Back
Top Bottom