1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anyone seen this image before?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by LoriL, Sep 13, 2012.

1. LoriL

LoriL Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

This is a print I bought at a sale years ago for a few dollars, long before I was raising chickens. To me, it appears the woman is selling some eggs and birds to the priests. I just love the expressiveness of their faces. I would like to know more about this image, so if anyone else has this print also or recognizes anything about it, please share! Thanks.

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Yes I have seen this pictures somewhere ! I dont know much about it ! does it have a title ? and artists name?

3. LoriL

No-that's the information I'd like to have! I tried Google image finder and it didn't find a match :(

4. DianaMallory

DianaMallory Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Lancaster Ohio
    no did you try google yet?

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I don't really know anything about the print. When I look at the picture I see an older man and woman. The clothing style is from early century's, so the the black tunic maybe a males garment. But I would assume that the couple are offering a gift to the local priest. It would have historically been very unusual for anyone to be selling food directly to the priest. A housekeeper would have normally handled the buying of food.

6. aaabirdman

aaabirdman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    NY
    I have no idea

7. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    its looks English or European to me

but im no expert and not seen it before

i want it though hehe

8. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I seriously feel like I have seen this before. I wish I could remember where. Its been bugging the fire out of me trying to remember. Might have been in Austria though.

9. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    not a clue :)

10. LoriL

The reason I think she might be selling the birds is because the seated man seems to be opening a box or purse, as if to pay. I'll just have to keep researching! Thanks for looking, everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by