Has anyone tried concrete poured trench to keep out digging predators?

DIGGING A TRENCH SUCKS!!! That's what we initially did for our run, and it'll cost a fortune in concrete!!! Here's what we ended up doing instead of using concrete or burying wire!!

DSCN1675.jpg

DSCN1676.jpg

We attached a foot wide strip of welded wire to the perimeter of the run along the ground. I didn't want to cut individual wires to attach the strip of wire to my run, so I used the loose ends from the wire to attach it. You can see it in the second pic how there are loose ends that I slid under the run fence and twisted. Hope this helps!!!

Just make sure to tack it down with some tent stakes or 6 in bent wire/coat hanger to hold it down!!!

Last edited:
I buried wire around the run but used concrete under the gate since it wasn't feasible to bury wire there.

Quote:
Amen.

I just bought a few bags of portland cement and a trailer load of coarse sand and used my old electric mixer. Pavers would have cost me a lot more. Bad part was wheelbarrowing it up a bank to the site, around 50 ft away. It took two days because it is 190 ft around. Trench is only 4 x 4, but very firm soil. Digging it was worse than pouring it.

Back
Top Bottom