Has anyone used pumpkin seeds to worm their chickens?

I don't use chemical wormers, DE, or any of the other natural wormers I have heard mentioned.

What I practice is a high level of coop/run sanitation & disinfection.

In 8 years, none of my chooks have suffered from worms or other parasites. (Bi-annual fecal floats support my maintenance program)

Just keep things clean & your flock will flourish. JMHO.

We regularly eat winter squash (butternut, acrorn, etc.) and before cooking them we take out the seeds and put them in with the other organic veg. and fruit scraps we toss to our chickens. I think the winter squash seeds would act in the same way as the pumpkin seeds, since they are in the same family.
We have/use coconut oil but somehow I forgot about coconut being good for parasites. What quantity of ground coconut do you give to the chickens--do you mix it in with their food? Also, when giving it to your horses or other large animals what quantity and how often do you give it?

I forgot, I have one other question. Has anyone else used diatomaceous earth for worming their chickens? Some local people who sell organic eggs at the farmers market told me they put a little in with their chicken food regularly.

I smash the pumpkins right from the garden to the run. I guess I have been deworming and didn't know it. Yea me !

I am going to plant more pumpkins this year for sure.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you ever have a bee sting, or mosquito bite, or some other kind of skin irritation, rub coconut oil on it and it almost immediately, you are cured of itch and rash. Got acne? Sounds bizarre, but put a small amount of coconut oil on the skin (face etc) and acne is gone in 1-2 days. It's a natural wonder cure for virtually everything!

Does it happen to work for poision ivy????

Poison Ivy?! You bet!

Back
Top Bottom