Not condemning, I got my dog from a breeder I just don't trust online resources, you can also find purebreds at shelters who have been abandoned or their owners died. Just some suggestions.

I looked for breeders on line, could not find any breeders web sites that had decent looking dogs or pups at a reasonable price.

Edited to delete rude comment. Sorry.

enjoy understand the dog will need special attention to mold to your life dogs can also mourn the loss of a home

Oh yes, @penny1960 ! It will take a while for this pup to integrate into our home, for sure! But I think he is young enough to adapt with LOTS of love and attention, thanks!

I have been looking on line for another Sheltie, and found one. Not a puppy. This neutered male is 16 months old and his story is that he belongs to an older couple that feels they can't fairly meet his needs. I think there may be health issues. In the couple, not the dog. He is young and active.

The connection is through PuppyFinders. Has anyone done business with them, or have any knowledge or opinions of them?

I will say that the cost is extremely reasonable. We have been exchanging emails. The distance is considerable but they are willing to meet us half way, about a 4-hour drive for both parties.

My Sheltie, a 10-yo spayed Sheltie, is slowing down a bit with arthritis and has a (hopefully benign) tumor that probably needs to be removed soon due to its location. Realizing that I won't have her forever, I started thinking about ... well... getting her an "apprentice" and making sure I won't be without a Sheltie when The Time comes, even though, hopefully, she may have several good years left. The new dog will also make a companion for our boy who at the moment has literally nobody but us. Me and DH.

Anyway, I was wondering what, if anything, y'all might be able to tell me about PF.com. Thanks.
I don't have dogs, but I sure could use a chicken finder here!

mama canna.JPG

Back
Top Bottom