Has anyone used the Cocci vaccination?

tazcat70

I must be crazy!
13 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
I didn't want to hijack a thread so I was just wondering if anyone had done the vaccination instead of medicated chick feed?

Tonya

I'm getting my next birds vaccinated against cocci and mereks. My hatchery does it for a fair rate before the chicks leave the hatchery. I'm also adding Polytonine A Complex to their water which is a natural multi vitamin for the first 7 days to give them a boost. I've grown very skeptical of what the industry tells and the things they don't say. I've researched a lot.

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered the vaccine for my next batch of chicks that are due to hatch in 12 days. I would like to know if anyone else has any experience with it. I sure hope it works. It will save lots of worry and trips to the vet with samples.

Never tried it but you do have to make sure you don't get medicated feed as I hear they counteract each other. As for if the vaccine works, probably depends on the area. I've had one issue with cocci, but that was correlated very well with a sudden change in weather. Heavy rain after being brooded off the dirt so no immunity built up.

As with all meds. I am sure it works, but there will be always exceptions. Like the flu vaccine, people get it get the flu from the vaccine, and can easily get a strain of the flu that was not in the vaccine.

Nope.
big_smile.png

Where would I get this vacc? I would love to get some, as my current birds were vaccinated before I got them so I don't feed medicated feed!

The order I got last July 2nd of 27 peeps were all vaccinated against cocci and mereks before shipping and I HIGHLY recommend it! No hassles, no worries. Just be sure NOT to feed them medicated feed afterward or it will void the vaccines.
wink.png

Lori

Last edited:
You can buy the vaccine at First State Vet Supply and Peter Brown is extreamly helpful in letting you know how to use it. There is also a good forum on Health Issues FeatherFanciers.

Back
Top Bottom