has anyone used this type of portable chicken run before? Do you like it?

Lindsayshi

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina

I am thinking of getting one of these to protect my new flock from owls and hawks from overhead...is this the way to go for a small neighborhood lot? I live on probably 1/4acre lot with a 6foot solid (no holes) privacy fence with 8 chicks so far. I have a coop but I want them to be able to free range, but I do know there are hawks living in the trees across the street. I have also seen an owl in my tree above my pond before too, i think it was fishing. So i am obviously worried about this, what do I do? Thanks for your time and advice friends!

This will work when they are growing out if you put food and water in there, in my opinion. However, by the time they are laying, they will need a nest box. Hopefully they won't have dogs around that might tear through the panels.

I have found hawks to really go for the adolescent chickens, and always try to give them some overhead protection until they grow out (netting), so this may work for you. I haven't bought this product though, so can't really advise you too much.

Back
Top Bottom