has anyone used this type of wire?

taratrip

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 2, 2008
camden county south jersey
has anyone used the Apron Fencing on mypetchicken.com? it says there is no need to bury the apron. could this possibly work? i live in a pretty built up area and really only have coons and possums. it would just so much easier on me (husband is not very supportive of the whole chicken idea so i am pretty much on my own!)

I fount it. It looks just like chicken wire. I would guess it is heavier????

ApronFence.jpg

I checked into that at one time but it was very expensive for the amount I needed so I just go with hardware cloth and make an apron with that, but I do bury it.
I think this would work great and it would be a lot easier esp. if cost is not an object! Keep us posted if you do choose it please. We do anything to keep those babies safe !
wee.gif

thanks guys for the input. not sure what i'm gonna do yet because cost and labor are factors! i'm sure once i get rolling hubby will feel bad and help.
wink.png
hopefully!!
our ground is pretty soft and sandy so i'm thinking i could probably dig it by myself and save some money. i will definetly let you all know!
i have another question...can chickens be left alone for like a night or two if we go away and dont have anyone to look in on them? could i leave like lots of extra food and water?

Our coop is not here ... it's about 5 miles away at FILs house. I go out every couple of days, check on them and refill water and food dishes. The first few days I checked every day to get a feel for how much food and water they were using.

Back
Top Bottom