Has it started raining yet?

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
There's always that one day where you are outside and you stop, acknowledge the weather and feel the season is starting to change. We had a good summer in the northwest this year with lots of sunshine and record low rain but I think that has come to an end. It has been windy, the rain has started today and expected to last for the next 5 days. It's all right, rainy season usually ends about July 5th.
roll.png
. I think it's time to clean the coop and prepare for the cold months.

How's the weather/season doing in your area and what are your plans for your birds this winter?

We had a nice wet summer here in south Florida, which I can say makes me very happy! The season has changed, or at least you can feel it somewhat. My hubby and I are going up to N.C. to the blue ridge mountains next Friday for a week, and let me tell you, I CAN'T WAIT either!! Can you tell I'm happy?! lol! Enjoy this time of year, I think its the best. Happy Autumn to you!

We had a fairly wet summer here, and it's forecast to be a fairly wet winter which makes me very happy. Cupman and Imp, I'm glad you folks are finally getting some rain up there. Without it, especially in the winter, you're not gonna have much of a growing season next year. As for my birds, they'll keep on free ranging as long as the hawks don't get bad.

All of them but the flower were taken with a tiny Canon PowerShot Elph 100HS. Sadly the hubby dropped the camera and it no longer functions. The flower was taken with a Nikon Cool Pix 5700. Thanks for asking!

Great pics. I miss the Autumn colours from back home.

The rain here is about to end rather than start. The reservoirs are full ready for the coming dry season and the banties can roost in the trees without getting soaked over night. We had no floods here this year, 'though it was touch and go when the latest tropical storm came straight over us instead of turning north through Vietnam and Cambodia. Bangkok and some other parts of the country weren't so lucky but they did better than last year.

I hope that all of you in the temperate zones have an easy and mild winter.

Back
Top Bottom