Has my rooster lost his mind?

Some roosters are aggressive to non-breeding hens. Those roosters normally change their attitude for the better towards specific hens once they are laying/breeding again.

It's not always the same, some are like yours- treat the non breeders as if they were another rooster. Others will at most be aggressive towards non breeders if too close, like at feeding time with a sharp bite to their head.

Often those roosters are very aggressive towards broody hens and their chicks.

If this rooster shows interest in actively laying/breeding hens then you know what his problem is. He may have lowered interest right now due to being in molt. If possible, separate the rooster so the hens are able to get a break and have proper diet during their own molt.

I think you're right. The girls need a nutritional break from him. They are all heavy molting, and I have 2 that are making broody noise, but don't know they are broody. My best little girlfriend has bitten me twice.

Now my other rooster has been chasing the girls off the roost. So they share the top of a dog house at night. Crazy men!!!!!

Yeah crazy selfish men!!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom