Has there ever been in the history of pet keeping an indoor pet ostrich, emu, or rhea?

I think the Turkey diaper thread was also amusing. Can't wait for the next installment...how to keep a house penguin from slipping out of its Hawaiian shirt.
I can’t wait till the next post too. Personally I’m thinking of extracting dinosaur dna from mosquitos to breed a chicken raptor hybrid as a house pet. Breeding starts next week, pm to preorder now.

Honestly I think we're being trolled by this OP. There's a couple of similar threads revolving around the same things. Most of them happening later in the evening and then stop during the day. I suspect it is a kid who's school aged.
I assumed it was someone with a bunch of exciting ideas, who is trying to figure out whether any of them could work in reality.

I appreciate that they are asking for advice, rather than buying animals first and then having problems.

And no matter what intention the original poster had, the answers will be here for anyone else who is wondering the same things.

I assumed it was someone with a bunch of exciting ideas, who is trying to figure out whether any of them could work in reality.

I appreciate that they are asking for advice, rather than buying animals first and then having problems.

And no matter what intention the original poster had, the answers will be here for anyone else who is wondering the same things.
That's an excellent way of looking at it. 😊

As ridiculous as this post is, and the OP is obviously trollying....there's someone, somewhere that is probably considering trying to do exactly as the OP was asking! :rolleyes:
It never ceases to amaze me some of the ridiculous questions some peeps have....especially, when it comes to pets....why do some people think you have to make a 'pet' out of every single animal there is?...and get mad at you for telling them the truth?
Anyway, off my rant.

I had thought maybe this was a young person whose parents won't let them have chickens (or ostrich or emu or rhea or penguin or pterodactyl), so they're thinking of keeping them in their bedroom in hopes that the parents won't notice or won't mind.

Can. You. Imagine.

Or they're just a troll.

I had thought maybe this was a young person whose parents won't let them have chickens (or ostrich or emu or rhea or penguin or pterodactyl), so they're thinking of keeping them in their bedroom in hopes that the parents won't notice or won't mind.

Can. You. Imagine
To be fair, I totally kept a rabbit I caught in my room as a child. For an hour before the dog sold me out, that is.

And it made a mess. I can't imagine something that doesn't control its bowel movements and is the size of an adult is much cleaner

Back
Top Bottom