Photos

Attachments

• FC43FE3F-744D-4BF2-878D-908E4B7E379F.jpeg
    FC43FE3F-744D-4BF2-878D-908E4B7E379F.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 0BEE4B2D-8FAE-491E-88A9-CBD4AE9CC9EF.jpeg
    0BEE4B2D-8FAE-491E-88A9-CBD4AE9CC9EF.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 31
Isn't this the same one that is supposed to be a black sex-link?

If so, the answers are the same for now. If it is a black sex link it is a pullet, because it does not have the white spot on the head that identifies a male.

If it is a random chick that got mixed in with the black sex links or otherwise misidentified, you have a few weeks to wait before being able to tell for sure.

ETA: Also, you can just go back and add pictures to one of your previous threads on these guys. You don't have to keep making new ones. The old ones will get bumped up when you add to them. :)

Isn't this the same one that is supposed to be a black sex-link?

If so, the answers are the same for now. If it is a black sex link it is a pullet, because it does not have the white spot on the head that identifies a male.

If it is a random chick that got mixed in with the black sex links or otherwise misidentified, you have a few weeks to wait before being able to tell for sure.

ETA: Also, you can just go back and add pictures to one of your previous threads on these guys. You don't have to keep making new ones. The old ones will get bumped up when you add to them. :)
Yes! I’m convinced the wrong breed got mixed in! Thanks.. I’m still new..trying to figure this all out... sorry!

Yes! I’m convinced the wrong breed got mixed in! Thanks.. I’m still new..trying to figure this all out... sorry!

No worries! If you can get a few pictures in natural light, including both the comb and the marked feathers, it might help. But it also might just be a mystery for a few more weeks. :lol:

If you can get a few pics in natural light that would help.Full body pics.Black sexlinks tend to have larger combs than normal.

At this age the chick wouldn’t have a white spot.If it is a bsl rooster it will have a badly barred pattern,some white/red feathers around in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom