Hatch #2 for 2024

I ordered shipped eggs only once and that was when I first got into silkies. I ordered some and my neighbor ordered some from the same place. I was going to incubate for us. However, it was a very low hatch rate. We talked to the breeder who sent us more eggs but to no avail had the same results. When I candled the eggs, majority of them weren't even fertilized. 😕
This person is a farm page on Facebook that is very active in groups, specifically Ameracana community. But she had good rating so I’m kind of disappointed and confused. Because I do feel like this will make my hatch rate go down significantly. When I ordered, we talked and she said that she’d send them Monday for me because I told her I had chicks coming this week too….well the chicks have been here since Tuesday. I figured the eggs would be here Wednesday. It’s just slightly disappointing.

This person is a farm page on Facebook that is very active in groups, specifically Ameracana community. But she had good rating so I’m kind of disappointed and confused. Because I do feel like this will make my hatch rate go down significantly. When I ordered, we talked and she said that she’d send them Monday for me because I told her I had chicks coming this week too….well the chicks have been here since Tuesday. I figured the eggs would be here Wednesday. It’s just slightly disappointing.
No worries then 😊
Hopefully they can arrive soon. Have you had Whiting True Blues before? Do those lay blue eggs?

No worries then 😊
Hopefully they can arrive soon. Have you had Whiting True Blues before? Do those lay blue eggs?
I haven’t, but yes they are supposed to lay blue eggs. I’m mainly hatching them for my mom because she wanted something fun for my nephew but also that was a productive layer. They are supposed to be very good layers.

I haven’t, but yes they are supposed to lay blue eggs. I’m mainly hatching them for my mom because she wanted something fun for my nephew but also that was a productive layer. They are supposed to be very good layers.
I like the colored layers, they add such a beautiful variety. I really want Black Copper Marans for their super dark chocolate colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom