Hatch #2 for 2024

Dec 17, 2023
Alabama
I ran across a super deal on some "Whiting's True Blue" hatching eggs, the breeder is throwing in 2 extras (can't remember what breeds she said). So, I'll be setting 14 eggs when they get here. Super excited for these because they'll be a nice add on to a breeding project I have planned for next year. Currently waiting on the eggs to arrive, USPS says they should be here Friday. A little later than I was hoping, but hopefully we'll still get a decent hatch rate. Will post an update when they get here, and we might play a guessing game or something while we wait on them to hatch :)

Do you have tracking on it?
Yes. I’m starting to see that the breeder did opposite of what her website said too. Instead of 3 day, she did Ground Advantage(5-7 day)🙃 the tracking said yesterday and the post office has no idea where it’s at because tracking hasn’t been updated since the 23rd when it was still in the state it came from.

Yes. I’m starting to see that the breeder did opposite of what her website said too. Instead of 3 day, she did Ground Advantage(5-7 day)🙃 the tracking said yesterday and the post office has no idea where it’s at because tracking hasn’t been updated since the 23rd when it was still in the state it came from.
Hmm, I would talk to the breeder then because if you bought those thinking it was one thing but ended up being something else, that's not being completely honest. I may be reading it wrong but it could mean the difference in a successful hatch rate.

Hmm, I would talk to the breeder then because if you bought those thinking it was one thing but ended up being something else, that's not being completely honest. I may be reading it wrong but it could mean the difference in a successful hatch rate.
Those are my exact thoughts. Though I messaged them hours ago and they hasn’t looked at the message on Facebook . I’m hoping this isn’t one of those “well you paid so now I’ll do what I want” situations🙃I’d hate to but I might file a refund if they aren’t here by Monday and breeder hasn’t answered.

Those are my exact thoughts. Though I messaged them hours ago and they hasn’t looked at the message on Facebook . I’m hoping this isn’t one of those “well you paid so now I’ll do what I want” situations🙃I’d hate to but I might file a refund if they aren’t here by Monday and breeder hasn’t answered.
May I ask who you ordered from?

I ordered shipped eggs only once and that was when I first got into silkies. I ordered some and my neighbor ordered some from the same place. I was going to incubate for us. However, it was a very low hatch rate. We talked to the breeder who sent us more eggs but to no avail had the same results. When I candled the eggs, majority of them weren't even fertilized. 😕

Back
Top Bottom