"Hatch a Long" Setting eggs June 7th

Looking for others that will be setting eggs this coming weekend? I have shipped eggs arriving Friday and plan on putting them under my 7 broody hens Sat after letting them sit/settle over night.

Anyone else have eggs to hatch close to June 28th? Would love to discuss throughout the process~

CURRENT HATCHALONG:
Angiebubs Hatch Date: June 28 Using Broody hens
HenFeathers Hatch Date: June 21 Broody Cochin
Brznwench Hatch Date: June 20 Incubator
GOLDENSEABRIGHT Hatch Date: June 24
liamthechicken Hatch Date: June 19 Incubator
emorems01 Hatch Date: June 28 Incubator

Me too! While cleaning out the wet coop this weekend, discovered one of the broody hens nest box had some how wicked moisture up and the eggs were all wet as was momma. Candled them and they are still viable! Then Sat night, for some odd reason, just before bed at 1 am, I went out and checked and my banty broody that was still free in the flock was sitting on an empty nest rather than her eggs!! (Pretty sure someone thought they had to lay in her box and it was dark when they got off). So I seperated her into a cage. Not sure how long she was off the eggs but when I candled last night, I saw movement in all 4 of her eggs as well.

Now the big worries are:
-Crossing my fingers no issues with them hatching out
-Three of the five mommas are new broodys; hoping they are "good" moms
-Three hens are still together in a community brooder area. Two have co raised chicks together before-hoping the new momma can get along with the two others.
-No fighting between moms over chicks!

Yay! We have one out so far... spent the day at the lake and got home just in time to see it pushing out of its shell. My girls were so excited (and so was I!). I keep listening for other peeps and I sometimes feel like I can hear faint little peeps when chickie #1 starts cheeping a lot, but I can't be sure. Nothing visible going on with the other eggs yet.

Posted these pictures in the big June Hatchalong thread too :)

Emorem:
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
LOL Yu lucky you can watch-I am trying not to bother my hens (2 of them are proven moms that are used to me and will let me do whatever). I noticed a couple had pipped and could hear peeping inside. I am trying to restrain myself and not go out there every 15 mins. Tonight is going to be a long night LOL And one of my best friends sons grad party is tomorrow an hour away. I don't think they would understand me missing because "I have chickens hatching!" lol

Ha, I'm supposed to be cleaning my house right now and going to bed early because my 6yo wanted to invite friends over for Hatch Day tomorrow. But I can't focus on anything that needs to be done... I just keep finding myself detouring to the incubator or stopping to listen intently for peeping!

LOL I hear you-I went out for "one more check" -no more out but lots of them are pipping. I am trying to make myself not go out again until morning now! Argh! I think I am stressing out the two new moms....so time for me to stop bugging them and go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom