Hatch-a-long starting 29th of November

Dang you got me beat bill lol, I have a total of 34 with the ones I got from you and the ones I set of my own eggs. I sold 28 eggs last night or I would have set even more but I think I'll have my hands full lol, I already have 7 barnyard mix chicks, 3 black copper marans chicks, and 6 silkie chicks lol

Ok here is a pic of the eggs i set today..put about 140 in so i guess im in on the hatchalong..
79101_100_5261.jpg

Nice guys!
thumbsup.gif
There are four of us now...plus the ones that couldn't wait and already set some a couple days ago
wink.png

What did you guys use to build your homemade 'bators? Do you have a hatching tray or do you lock down in a different machine? I need to build one...got to many eggs for our little giants and certainly the brinsea. It will be nice have one cabinet model instead of several smaller ones going.

Quote:
We used a old mini-ice maker that we had laying around. I removed all the mechanical parts from the bottom area, that is now where I have the heating element (100w bulb). There are 2 - 4" computer fans that pull the air down from the floor of the incubation area, one also pulls air across the thermostat (hot water heater stat). I have a supply vent that blows out on the top rear of the case.

Mine is a mini fridge that was give to me because it didnt work.. i took out all the parts and cut out the inside of the door then cut the window and added plexiglass on the outside and inside. i mounted a 4 inch fan at the top back and drilled 5 smaill hole from the outside right behind the fan to pull in fresh air i build a top shelf and mounted to junction boxes with light fixtures on each side of the shelf so the fan blows between them i mounted a heating element out of a dehydrator on a board and put it on the bottom with a small desk fan blowing over it.. i useed a digital thermostate with a prob .i have two 1inch holes on each side for ventilation.. this is my second batch in it and so far it is working good..

Quote:
where did you get the trays that you have in your incubator and how many eggs do they hold? i guess the pvc is your turners? i am just amazed at how clever people on this site are.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom