Hatch-a-long starting 29th of November

I am up to 15 chicks now, 8 eggs left with no pips, hope to see more chicks late tonight or in the morning but if 15 of 23 hatch I am ok with it, I SEE REDS
big_smile.png

Looks like 7 of us played, Chetrw, Mochciken, Qchickiemama, Sixshooter60, Kmsek, Quaillady with her early hatch buttons
smile.png
and me. Keckels had posted early on, but don't know the final outcome there.

Appears there were some pretty good hatch rates...I'm pleased to know Mochicken did well, I had a "vested interest" in his hatch. Our conversation had started out...he wanted eggs, I had eggs. We don't put in additional lighting in pens and was curious to see the viability of eggs "out of season"...looks like the cots didn't know they were in slow production
lau.gif
gig.gif

Well all, thanks to all who got in on this and all the great pictures of the fuzzy butts!
thumbsup.gif

Feel free to come back every once in awhile to post updated pics as the chicks grow!
pop.gif

Now...I got to get to prepping my 'bator and setting more eggs...although a few days late from their set date.. TedJan92_in_Idaho is doing a New Year's Hatch and am going to post there!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I was thinking were weak, I'm going to set soon too. But addicted doesn't sound as bad to me...
gig.gif

Congrats on all the beautiful babies! And please do update this thread!

Good luck to all setting eggs for the New years eve hatch!

We had 36 of the 76 hatch. Three weren't healthy. The rest are going strong!

I've been surprised that they've kept hatching every day for nearly a week. Is that normal? I'm wanting to unplug the incubator soon. And the development differences between #1 and #36 are huge.

I will have early hatchers..and late hatchers...but all within a 72 hour (3 days) At day 20, my incubator gets unplugged, cleaned and a new egg set goes in...

"Is that normal? I'm wanting to unplug the incubator soon." IMO, that is not normal and I would unplug.
hu.gif

Congrats on the ones you did have hatch!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom