Hatch Along 4th of March?

I see a lot of people on BYC have ducks. Do you keep them in a cage? Do you have them for eggs? I have a small pond (1/3 acre) and always have mallards that show up in the spring. I usually see an egg or two in the water near the edge. I had thought about trying to hatch some but did not know what to do with them if they did hatch!

I don't have any ducks yet. These are muscovy (ugly ducks) but they don't need much water and apparently eat alot of mosquitos and flies. Someone gave me the eggs and I figured if I didn't like them, I could always eat them. Hubby's friend wants to eat them now, but I told him no...lol.

Below is a hatch calander I made with the candling pictures shown in the learning center section. Thought it was neat looking at the progression of the egg development by day.

Thanks Jed. I really didn't know what I was looking for except the one obvious one I have, looks like 2 more of those duck eggs might actually be good. So wish I could see inside the orp. eggs.

woo hooo at least one orp egg has a baby in it
fl.gif

How are everyones eggs doing after candling this weekend? I am down to 7 RIR & 9 WL. Most of the RIR were not even fertile. Some eggs look like they are a few days behind while others look right on track.

Well if I calculated the days correctly, after 1pm today I can candle the eggs for the last time and put them into lock down. When does everyone else go into lock down?

Back
Top Bottom