Hatch-Along - Eggs set in November, due December, anyone?

Well Hope didn't poop once for the whole half hour that I held her. She loved it! She stopped peeping and fell asleep a few times. When I went to put her in the incubator, she wouldn't get off my hand! Much different from earlier, when she ran away from my hand! <3 I gave her some food and helped her find the water (she never seems to know where it is) and she fell asleep basking in the light!
love.gif
She climbed up my neck, and it tickled a LOT! Thanks for telling me that, gabrielle! Now Hope will not feel so lonely! I put paper towel under her and put on my bathrobe over my shirt, and she didn't get cold!
SO SO CUTE!!!

My chicks giving me eggs so soon????

LoL, j/k these are my hens fart eggs, someone gives one each month
tongue.png

b.t.w. why do my chicks have different wing feathers? coz of different breed or different sexes, any ideas?

Okay so I have got to update! I had a broody sitting on 14 eggs and last week 1 hatched and she killed it :( 5 exploded and that left 8. So I float tested them and the sinkers were duds and the floaters I put back under her. Well I thought for sure there was no hope because they were on day 28 or something like that. Wellllllll, I went out today and I saw a shell that had looked like it had ben zipped and i picked her up and she had 2 babies and the 3rd one had pipped!
celebrate.gif
Im sooooo eggcited!!

Okay so I have got to update! I had a broody sitting on 14 eggs and last week 1 hatched and she killed it :( 5 exploded and that left 8. So I float tested them and the sinkers were duds and the floaters I put back under her. Well I thought for sure there was no hope because they were on day 28 or something like that. Wellllllll, I went out today and I saw a shell that had looked like it had ben zipped and i picked her up and she had 2 babies and the 3rd one had pipped!:celebrate Im sooooo eggcited!!

That's kind of scary for the first chick, but good luck on the rest.

Everyone's chicks are so cute I just wanna hatch more. But hubby wuold get me. I'm on my last batch for a while. I am impatiently waiting for some silkies to arrive for my daughters Christmas present.

Back
Top Bottom