Hatch-Along - Eggs set in November, due December, anyone?

lhawes I'm excited to see the babies :pop please share when they enter this world...
We have had one hatch over night, another one has a small pip, and the other two show no signs of movement or desire to enter the big world any time soon! I tried to take pics of the one, but he likes to hide out at the back of the incubator and keep to himself, so not really able to get a good picture of him yet!!

A friend and I are obsessed with all things chicken. We are now obsessed with our first fowl maternity ward together. I have included pictures of my coop, the maternity ward that is currently set with 40 eggs. Mostly copper Maran and olive eggers and a couple of "banty projects"

We set them yesterday November 25,2012 late afternoon. We had the bator on for 24 hours. The temp was regulated at 99.5. Oh btw we are using a little giant with egg turner. No fan yet but Nicole macgiver ( chefs wifey ) has wrangled up an old PC and is probably watching a tutorial on how to build and wire into our thermostat as I type.

Our hatch date is DEcember 9,2012. :D

Last edited:
A friend and I are obsessed with all things chicken. We are now obsessed with our first fowl maternity ward together. I have included pictures of my coop, the maternity ward that is currently set with 40 eggs. Mostly copper Maran and olive eggers and a couple of "banty projects"
We set them yesterday November 25,2012 late afternoon. We had the bator on for 24 hours. The temp was regulated at 99.5. Oh btw we are using a little giant with egg turner. No fan yet but Nicole macgiver ( chefs wifey ) has wrangled up an old PC and is probably watching a tutorial on how to build and wire into our thermostat as I type.
Our hatch date is DEcember 9,2012.
big_smile.png
HAHA!! LOVE this :)... yes, we have our very own maternity ward!! lol...btw, eggs due dec 15-16th ish! So EGGcited!!

Hello, no incubator here. Just a first time broody hen. I tried to break her, no luck so I finally gave in & gave her 3 eggs. She's only 8 months old but seems determined. Estimated hatch date 12-14-12.

Today was my 5th day and here are my candling pictures from randomly selected eggs, one was not fertile so pic not included.
The picture quality is not good, thanks to stupid iPhone 3S camera
tongue2.gif

Egg 1: Veins are visible but no heart or eye?

Egg2: Everything good here.

Egg3: This one too.

Egg4: This one looks good too but hard to see inside, it was more dense then the others, IDK why.

and finally, my Candler:

thumbsup.gif
thankyou Nokia, lol

HAHA!! LOVE this :)... yes, we have our very own maternity ward!! lol...btw, eggs due dec 15-16th ish! So EGGcited!!
I set mine yesterday(22 of them) , late afternoon as well. I have mine in a LG still air, only I'm turning mine. It will be cool to see them hatching at the same time :)

Back
Top Bottom