Hatch along! Tuxedo quail (98% Celadon eggs)

Day 14 lockdown!

The 6 iffy eggs showed no development, so they were removed.

Of the 38 remaining from that...

31 still look great

1 has the aircell at the wrong side of the egg, but it's still alive

7 look like they might have quit... The air cells are very small. I marked them and left them in, just in case.

Here is hoping for at least 31(32) happy healthy chicks in a few days!

How exciting! I've been looking into getting hatching eggs for Celadon quail as well! I'm happy to see that your hatch is already off to a good start! I may need to see about ordering from him as well. Thank you!

How exciting! I've been looking into getting hatching eggs for Celadon quail as well! I'm happy to see that your hatch is already off to a good start! I may need to see about ordering from him as well. Thank you!
Up to 4 out and at least 2 more that are pipped. Hard to tell for sure cause the other babies are playing soccer with the eggs ! :wee

I'm wondering why they're hatching on day 15... Day 16 doesn't start until 5pm... I wonder if they started development on the journey here ... They came from Nevada, which is warm. I also wonder if they were in warm trucks on the way over....

Well, they all seem healthy so far, so no complaining here!

Up to 14! Almost halfway! And some hatched from the eggs with tiny aircells, so I hope I get more than 32!

I think they can just hatch from day 15 to day 20. My Japanese quail supprised me by pipping on day 15, the first one arrived over night, day 15 into 16. But only 2 hatched out of the 4. There's different factors that can affect hatch time. Post some pics through your incubator :D

I'm wondering why they're hatching on day 15... Day 16 doesn't start until 5pm... I wonder if they started development on the journey here ... They came from Nevada, which is warm. I also wonder if they were in warm trucks on the way over....

Well, they all seem healthy so far, so no complaining here!

Up to 14! Almost halfway! And some hatched from the eggs with tiny aircells, so I hope I get more than 32!

Did you candle before setting them? It's not quite hot enough yet to get early development in shipment in my opinion but I have had a chicken chick hatch on day 16 in the middle of summer because it was incubating in an insulated corner of the coop, so it can happen. Do you have a secondary calibrated thermometer? The temperature may have been a little higher in your incubator than the readout suggests or hot spots in the incubator.

This was my summer chick.
Olive Egger (1).jpg
Olive Egger (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom