1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatch already!!!.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by amynbrent, Jul 26, 2011.

1. amynbrent

amynbrent Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Dryden, MI
    Today is day 22 based when I found her sitting on the egg. It's probably more like day 26 because we were on vacation and that is based on the hen that laid the egg schedule. Anyway it was candled a little over a week ago. Baby moving fine. Now I can only check it when the mom is off it and today it looks like a waxy line. Not a crack that you can feel with a nail but waxy...kind of like when you use the wax crayons on easter eggs. could this be a sign? I dont hear any noise or movement. I candled it when the mom was away. At the small end is a bubble, the rest is a solid mass, I cant see anything moving. Other than being impatient and excited I'm scared because the mom is not away from the rest and I dont want the others to kill it!

2. anaiyuk

anaiyuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Alaska
    Sounds like it's getting close! if you see it "floating" then it has passed, or if it looks haunted. There's really no other way to describe it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by